Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

haha @Scarecrowe I knew you would be pleased 👍 He should give an extra spark to your forward line and hopefully be a positive influence on some of your younger players. Players like Eddie bring others into the game with their enthusiasm and positivity and that certainly has been something you have needed.

Totally agree with everything you said @Zoe7   He will help us immensely and hopefully we will be playing in September 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have the potential to go much further next year @Scarecrowe There is a nucleus of really good players and if they can all come together as they showed in the latter part of last season then there certainly is hope you can rise up the ladder further. I hope our boys can be there again too but I think it will be in the lower half of the eight next year ...fingers crossed I am wrong.

I reckon your team will be in the top 8 next year @Zoe7  for sure......................and probably  way more so than us............................and it does not always fall on the actual team.........other teams that have done well this year could play badly next year...................injuries to key players has a massive impact...........................so anything could happen...................fingers crossed our teams will be there in September and we can both cheer and carry on together lol!!!!!   That would be a hoot!!!!!!!!

Well I have really heavy eyelids so I am shutting down and going to bed before I nod off sitting at the computer and I wake up with my head on the keyboard lol!!!!

Looking forward to the WBBL match tomorrow night since I missed tonights game

Glad to hear that the sixers won.......not a huge fan of the thunder both mens and womens..........and glad Healy did well....................she is fab!!!!!  and a great sense of humour...................so many great women cricketers out there at the moment....great to watch......

blessings and sweet dreams to you my friend

until next time take care and keep smiling

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lions vs The Blues in the grand final @Scarecrowe LOL - that would be something Smiley Very Happy

Goodnight buddy - sleep well.

Yeah baby 'that's what I'm talking about' as Shane Crawford said......

I like that idea @Zoe7    Lions v Blues.....................2020 Grand Final.........bring it on!!!!!!!

Only problem is there are 14 other teams planning on that not happening lol!!!!!

We will have to play well next year to get there............you guys are really playing great footy and if you keep that rolling from this year you are going to be a force to be reckoned with next year.......................I was really hoping the Lions would make it all the way this year.....after the year before they were like a brand new team and I love when teams improve so much in such a short period of time....................good on them!!!!!!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Never right off my Swannies for 2020 @Scarecrowe  😀

Wow @Former-Member  your fav players are extremely similiar to mine.....I started watching cricket in the season of 1980/81 so yes I remember them all.   My father's fav cricketer was Dougie Walters so I am really jealous of your autograph......

Ok I will add to your list retired players.....Ian Chappell.....David Hookes.....Rod Marsh.......Bruce Yardley.....Glenn McGrath..........Brett Lee........Merv Hughes.... Ian Healy.......Shane Warne.....Mark Waugh..........and that is only the Aussies......that list can go on and on and on lol.......

current players don't have a real lot there but two that spring to mind are Nathan Lyon and Pat Cummins..........

But my ALL TIME FAV player EVER was Dean Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (and a fellow Carlton supporter lol).    

Loved watching the West Indies in the 80's......even though they thrashed us most of the time they were still amazing to watch....

I went to the 1999 world cup in England and we had Ian Healy and Mark Taylor as hour tour hosts and we met the team two days before that amazing tied semi final against South Africa.........great times!!!!!   Really want to go the England for an Ashes series but unless I win Tatts that won't be happening.......

I have been to Adelaide Oval twice to see Test Matches.....that was before and during the reno's and I have been to MCG for a one dayer and a couple of footy matches both Carlton v Collingwood as my best mate was a pies supporter at the time one at MCG and the other at Waverley....that was a few years ago.......

Very glad to have Eddie back at Carlton.....bit sad it is only a one year contract though....hope he stays longer than that.....but one year is better than nothing.......

Billy Connelly was hiliarious........................it was filmed at the Sydney Opera House in 2015 (think that was the year might have been 2016).  He is so funny, I was nearly falling off my seat a couple of times......................

Enjoy your day today my friend

Blessings to you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol!!!!

Heck no @Former-Member    They are a very good team.....had some bad luck this year and I was surprised when they did not make the 8 I have to admit.....but I have a feeling in my water that next year look.....they will be out for redemption................................

@Scarecrowe @Former-Member Hope for a good year next year for all our teams Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance