Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

Are you a Geelong supporter? @Ali11

@Flying_Hams Be kind now Smiley Wink

Haha i like Geelong @Ali11

The cricket result was disappointing @Former-Member @Ali11 @Flying_Hams but not surprising after their poor performance batting.

I like Geelong as well @Ali11 @Flying_Hams Very much appreciate their game style and how they have been able to continue to be a great team over a long time. Great team and club management over many years now Smiley Happy

I will have everything crossed this weekend for my boys @Ali11 but playing Port at their home ground is a tough ask. We don't have a great record on the road but I suppose anything is possible hey!

@Sherry @Zoe7 @Hamsolo01 Ah well, shame about the cricket. Is there another big sport event you are looking forward to next?

Thanks for being kind @Zoe7 @Hamsolo01 Smiley Very Happy. The mention of Geelong's club management reminds me of the recent discussion about the Western Bulldogs having turned the club around from dire times. Remembering where a team comes from, and the bond of supporters, is so important for future opportunities and growth. What do you think?

I have been through the demise of a club with Fitzroy in 1996 @Ali11 so very much know about club management - or lack of. Happily went to the new Lions with the merger with Brisbane after knowing we would not lose our identity completely. Have been many years of rather dismal club management with Brisbane also but it seems like both the management and culture at the club is on the right track again.

AFL and NRL this weekend. Not really interested in the tennis so much now that all our Australians are out.

@Former-Member I have the West Coast and Collingwood game on tonight - of course I am going for WC. It is a close game at quarter time. Your Swannies should win tomorrow but that really doesn't seem at all important right now. Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

True @Zoe7 

I too am watching the afl, and going for west coast. Trying to fill in time and distract thoughts as I await the anticipated call. I told my brother to call or text no matter what time it is. Likelihood is that I will be awake anyway.

We can watch it together then @Former-Member I will stay up as long as I can with you Hon Heart

Hi @Zoe7 @Former-Member
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance