Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

sending you tender hugs @outlander HeartHeart

hope you take the rest of the day easy today my sister xx

@Snowie @Shaz51 💛💛

@Sans911 💜💜

i enrolled to do another course the other day but it kind of feels like its a 'must' not really a' want' so abit torn about whether I want to continue to do it or not.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Another course @outlander ?

You debated about enrolling for a course some time back. Did you do that? Im also aware you completed a course I think around mid last year.

So Im a bit unsure when you say 'another' course, if you mean in addition to another one, or as a replacement to one you already completed. Does that make sense?

I guess I would be worried if you had put yourself in a situation of doing two courses at once. I just dont think you would have the time. And would therefore be putting too much pressure on yourself.

So what possessed you to enroll in this course the other day, when you are clearly so unsure about it?

Sherry 💗

all the courses ive enrolled in ive already completed. the last 2 was a touch up on medical terminology because tafe and where I went through are 2 different courses and the tafe one counts for more and then other one was cert in mental health which is the one I completed last year.

I wanted to do another course but unfortunately finances aren't in the best spot atm and they don't offer discounts only payment plans (800 over about 24 (or something like that) weeks but I need a deposit upfront which I cant do it yet) so that one is on the back burner for now till I get my finances sorted.

the new course I enrolled in starts in a few days, its a certificate thing in dementia. when I find the link ill share it with you, ive been encouraged by a few people on fb that I sought help with on something im unable to share here and they said it helped them to learn more about it etc. at the time it seemed like a good idea, its even a free course and it goes for 12 weeks online so it suited me but it honestly just feels like my life is becoming about dementia. everywhere I go, look, do, cant even breathe in this house anymore without being reminded of the way life is and the way its going to be as it progresses. its becoming abit triggering and overwhelming. right now I honestly want to just bury my head in the sand.

Im torn what to do with this course now.
im in this on my own, I don't have anyone here to help me. any attempt at even mentioning this to others and its 'just ignore it he will forget anyway' etc.

@Former-Member 

edit:   this is the course:   https://www.utas.edu.au/wicking/understanding-dementia

@Snowie 👋👋
Former-Member
Not applicable

It looks like a very worthwhile course @outlander . It is likely to provide a lot of insight into how to deal with dementia patients. If you possibly can, I would like to see you do it. I realise you have a lot on your plate right now though. I just think you could learn a lot about caring for your Pop by doing the course. Im sure it would cover things such as a recent question you posed here about whether to tell them. Im sure you have many other questions too, which this course would help you with. Being a carer is hard enough, without going in blind.

Do you think the likely commitment is too much for you right now? What are the repercussions if you start, but need to drop out? Will the course be run again later in the year which may suit you better?

I suspect I havent helped much.

Sherry 💜

I don't think its a commitment thing tbh @Former-Member as im typing to you im literally colouring in a page with a pen. im bored and theres nothing for me to do at night time. during the day I don't have much to do now that clients have dropped off and the ones I looked after the most have moved to different properties so I doubt id be that busy again for a while.

I will probably do it. i don't normally do my courses half hearted so its strange for me to feel this way when it comes to my study. its usually the one thing i really like to do

i think its partly coming from the school reports i had put aside during the cleanup trying to work out where to put them. they honestly aren't very good marks and barely got through the hsc and atar despite how much effort i was putting into them.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance