Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

IDontEvenKnow
New Contributor

i dont know im new so what im feeling at the moment i guess?

i cant deal with everything. its like im sad but also numb at the same time. i dont get it. i have struggled with self harm but can no longer hurt myself cause of the guilt other people have put on me for doing it. life sucks. i want to disappear and i dont know my purpose. i cant remeber when i was last actually happy.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: i dont know im new so what im feeling at the moment i guess?

Hi @IDontEvenKnow and welcome

Life sounds really hard for you. I can relate to much of what youve said. Its hard to feel everything yet feel numb. Its confusing to know whats happening.
I also know of the guilt that comes with self harm.

Can i ask if you have any professional help? i would suggest starting to speak with your gp and getting a mental health care plan to see a psychologist. if medications are something youd consider they can write a refferal to a psychiatrist as well.

Has anything happened more recently to bring on these feelings?

Hi @IDontEvenKnow 

Its wonderful that you have reached out and shared here, I am so sorry things feel so tough. As @outlander mentioned - do you connect with other supports like a therapist or gp to share these thoughts with as well?

Hello @IDontEvenKnow 

Sounds very hard atm. Just wanted to say I read your post.

I dk how old you are, but not knowing your purpose is something I struggle with at 51.

For me finding meaning is sometimes a day by day proposition. I look for little wins - anything that is good, and sometimes even less bad if you know what I mean. Small things can still be significant. One of the most significant things that gives me a sense of purpose is connecting with others in any shape or form. The forum has helped me to do that - so many supportive people here who can relate. Eventually I gained enough confidence to connect with people irl and it has been life changing. Wishing you well. 

@IDontEvenKnow  welcome to saneforums. So cool you're here, many of us can relate to where you're at, that feeling disconnected and lost... I'm glad our looking for answers, don't give up. What really jumped out of me while reading your words is to tell you... YOU DONT HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THIS TO GET THROUGH IT... Hand to task, one day at a time and some gentle guidance from knowing gentle souls is all you need. Get as much support as you can and you'll get there 💜

@life-hard2243_1.jpeg

Hi there I'm in a similar situation at the moment I struggling with self harm which is really really dangerous to myself please help me

Hi @IDontEvenKnow , welcome. I'm sorry you feel this way and you've struggled with self harm. You're not alone.

How are you at the moment?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance