Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

back from holiday and issues with overthinking

Hi all Im back home and posting again,The holiday was both good and bad cause of fun times but also some family drama yelling,swearing ect it was like everyone was getting upset with eachother ect but thats what happens sometimes in families,next thing is me needing personal space .emotionally and physically to deal with family drama and time to process how I felt about the situation,anyway now Im back home and settling back into the everyday routine,getting ready for my youngest brother to start high school next week which ment today running around doing things like trying to get school stationary from officeworks and pick up some other things from high school,the weather was hot today wich didnt help matters and because of feeeling tired I was a bit on the clumsly side in public,such as repeatadly walking into the trolley hitting my shin Smiley Frustrated after that we headed home and Ive been watching a bit of a new series on Netflix,the last 2 nights after getting back from the trip I had really good sleeps,so I geuss I need to just implement more self care at times,I geuss its also a good time to remind myself of what my goals for the year are,Ive been overthinking anxcious and sometimes just hard to focus on things that need to be done,I geuss writting posts on here is part of my self care as well as music,at times on the trip I felt unheard and misunderstood by certain family which was usetting but I have to get on with whats happenig now and try not to overthink,also tonight I rang my older cousin the one that seems to understand me emotionally but it wasnt the best of times as he was just about to go to gym but its good that he sounds like hes going good at the moment,I just said how busy Ive been ect and asked when we could visit again he surprised me by saying this friday maybe which is just 2 days away so I geuss I went from overthinking about family drama to overthinking the good again,questioning why he would want us to visit so soon but I have to tell myself to just dont overthink anything either good things things or bad things,I wanted to talk a bit more maybe cause like I said I need to talk to someone whos a bit more understanding at the momment thats all maybe someone that listens a bit better hopefully that makes sense anyway goodnight forum friends sleep well Heart 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: back from holiday and issues with overthinking

Hi @LostAngel
It's nice to hear from you my friend
I'm sorry to see that it's been a struggle for you. There's a lot of truth in what you said though. i am feeling for you these days

thanks @Flying_Hams my thinking at the momment is dont let go of those who understand and dont try to force people to understand who cant understand,your someone that understandsHeart

Thats really well worded @LostAngel

I love that sentiment

Very quiet here today. No car. Just spent 2 hours with my friend organising characters for dungeons and dragons. Looks like it'll be good fun. Lots of organising but. So a bit groggy atm lol

Having some lunch and will read
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance