Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@CheerBear  I’m trying not to blame Mr Christian for what church has done. It’s tricky. Also, part of me wants/needs to believe him. He’s said stuff that’s close to my heart, like accepting mentality ill  and gay people, not as sinners, but as people. That’s what I wanted to do at church, so,it’s  thrown me.

No appointment next week @CheerBear . I was wondering if Student feels obligated to come. I’m twisted. When she didn’t come last week,or ring, my brain went into overdrive. I feel ridiculous saying it. Small things and my world collapses. So I’m insecure about it now. But she was thrilled yesterday, as she often is, and is a lovely soul. It’s me, it always is.

That sounds tricky @CheerBear . Supporting and not judging, but helping accountability would be super tricky. Josh it’s complicated all this hurt stuff. I’m reading a book called ‘ unshame’ atm. Even trying to write it is hard. But shame is a twisted and tricky subject . Even more than I thought. 

Student coming to finish this srvo. Watching snow till then. 😂😂

Will today be a quieter one for you ?

@CheerBear  The front.

E4D6B0B5-1A11-49BD-825D-574139EA927B.jpeg

Oh @Maggie ,  you have snow! 😮 How exciting!

(And I totally agree about the church accepting mentally ill people and gay people)

I hope you are feeling OK today... Heart

@CheerBear wrote:
Morning everyone ❤
@NatureLover ...I am really sorry to hear you have something as important as exercise restricted so significantly. Do you have any idea what you'll do to give yourself that time instead?

Thanks, @CheerBear Heart. It's not so much the exercise as spending time in nature. I usually spend many hours a day outside in nature, gently walking. But thankfully there's a garden here; it's shared, so I have to be careful, but I hope to spend my time there. 

I hope you are adjusting to the Stage 4 restrictions...I also hope your fabric arrives from Qld soon! I ordered some cloth masks from a lady over 3 weeks ago, and apparently she is waiting on fabric too. I wish I could sew, it's such a useful skill to have. And it would give such a productive feeling to end up with masks or quilts that you've made yourself. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @CheerBear @Maggie @NatureLover and anyone else here. 
I'd love to see some snow here. Love the snow pics, Maggie. 
💕🌷🌸🌺

54652DC0-B1F9-4190-B71B-9D72CF9524E2.jpeg

@Former-Member  You always find the perfect, and most beautiful pics. Thankyou. That looks too good to pass this morning, though the snow outside has melted here, it’s left some very special memories. I hope you are doing ok. Lots of these for you, and cheers. 💜💜💜💜

@CheerBear  Kettles on, if you are up for a chat. I hope your yesterday went ok. Sewing etc. Any progress with the material order ? Or delivery ?

Painting Student and Mr Christian arrived again, se we all had a coffee. He’s a genuine 

character. I gently asked some questions. He doesn’t do traditional church. I’m still unsure what it is he does, but it’s not a scary thing for now. He knows where I stand, so, for now, sharing a coffee is ok enough.

Its been a rough night, stomach problems, it’s settled now, so today is looking quietish. Someone might be calling round to buy a stone.

@TheVorticon  sitting with you in the different parts of the forums, letting you know you don’t deserve to be alone. You are accepted and cared about here. 💜💜💜 I know bubble tea is extra sweet, but dropping one off anyway. 💛💛

@NatureLover  I hope you are feeling a bit better. You are a deeply caring person, it’s lovely to have you around, but take care of yourself also. 💜💜🌸🌸🌸

@eth  Sending some 💕💕💕

Good morning everyone ❤

@NatureLover I hope you had some time in the garden yesterday. I'm finding that the world feels like it has shrunk, lots. Connecting with nature would help as a reminder that it's bigger than it feels I think anyway ❤ Aside from not being able to get out as often (which is a big deal), how are you coping with the increased restrictions?

That snow @Maggie! How incredible! Do you have any more today? Love it!

I had a big smile reading that student, Mr Christian and you had coffee. And an even bigger smile that it doesn't feel scary for now. That's huge to have them both over. And the new cleaning person earlier too. And someone maybe coming to buy a stone too! How are you holding up with all of that this week?

Sorry you had a rough night 🙁 I hope quietish helps it settle.

Fabric is stuck in postage labd. It will come eventually, but not soon by the look of it. I had teary kids all day and spent time in between that working. It was a day.

Thinking of you @TheVorticon 🎮

@CheerBear  Awww teary kids yesterday, and work in between, that does sound like a day. One you might be glad is over. It’s such a tough time. Restrictions are causing so many ripples. Big 💕💕💕

The post seems to be struggling. I got a message yesterday saying something was arriving, but it didn’t. The snow might have caused problems. None today, but everyone is talking about it. It’s rare it comes that low. But it was so beautiful. Reminder of Ireland and digging paths to get out.

Not holding up too well @CheerBear . Physio is causing more pain, something I really don’t need, and I’m cranky . I was p,eased to find out today is Thursday, I thought it was Wednesday, it was feeling like a long week. There have been good in there though.

How is today looking ?

@Emelia8  Good to see you. 💕💕🐶🐶

What we are finding in our house and from what I can see quite widely beyond the little house, is that people are OK on the surface but underneath it is brewing @Maggie. Without notice something comes up and it all spills out. That seems to be what happened with my lot yesterday plus they bounce off each other a bit. Tears over everything from minor tech glitches, ailments, dinner, the tv... Under it all was a big sense of lost, stuck, out of whack I think. It ended OK and all in all we haven't had many of those days. It's tough for everyone though.

The post is struggling more than it has been which was struggling anyway. Do you have your foil? I am so glad you had snow and something so beautiful to enjoy yesterday.

Sorry you aren't holding up too well. When do you see physio again? Next week maybe. Causing pain isn't good at all.

Yes, I am glad it is Thursday today too. I woke this morning telling myself that it is now closer to when stage 4 ends. Talking to myself saying that we are now closer to the end of the first week than we are to the start of it. Then I realised we are only 3 full days in with 4 full days left. Lunch time we will hit the half way point. Lunch time is only a few hours away. Yep - going mad now 😏

Today I have counsellor (thankfully), training and some work things. I was being taught how to do something that the management team (I hate using that word but without talking specifics it's what I have) do which was really cool.

Do you have any idea how the quiet day might play out?

Hi @Emelia8 😊 Noticing you there and wanting to say hi. How are you? Feel free to join it ❤

@CheerBear  Yes, sense of loss and out of whack is so accurate. There’s no real routine, or sense of normality, nothing to hang on to. So, if lunch time hits half way point at the moment, it’s ok. I watch, and instead of easing, it’s worsening. But I won’t go on, as you are doing that 24/7. Just know we are here to listen and support in any small, insignificant way, just because we care. 💕💕💕

Yes, next week for physio. I can ask a few questions then.

I’m so glad you have counsellor today @CheerBear . It’s important to be able to talk things through, say things out loud. I’m guessing work is a positive too.

I think I might do some painting today @CheerBear , find some colour.

Tomorrow, counsellor and I are going to buy some ferns. 👍👍👍😍 We will have a coffee out also. I’m looking forward to that.

Ive been reading a bit about the insular. It’s relatively new research, but interesting. Amazing brains we have @CheerBear 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance