Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Emelia8  A faint flicked of light. I know it might not feel like much, but it can grow.

I hope the early morning sense of dread moves on, or fades throughout the day.

The snow had mostly melted the same day it landed, but still some on the mountains. Always a lovely sight. ☃️❄️❄️

Ahhh yes of course @Maggie ... computer fix day. Very good. Not so good about it being a cleaning day. But I guess its gotta be done. Well done with getting your gardening all sorted the other day.

I hate windy weather @greenpea  I find it very unsettling. None here thankfully, but rain is expected. 

Emelia

@Emelia8  Hmmm seems like my last post didnt go through so Il will try again. My son2 hates the wind as well and whenever it is windy I have to reassure him that we dont get tornadoes or cyclones here :D!

@Maggie hope all goes smoothly with the computer and ipad, and that counsellor can help make sure it doesn't lock you out again. Fingers crossed.

Hi @CheerBear @greenpea and @Emelia8 (and anyone I've missed).

My session with my (new, or maybe one-time-only) counsellor went well. His counselling style - for a first session - was very much like what he'd put on his website so there were no nasty surprises. I still haven't decided what to do with my psych but the counsellor is willing to be a backup option while I'm deciding. 

@TheVorticon  That sounds good so far. 🤞🤞Well done for getting through to this point.👍👍

@TheVorticon  Hey TheVorticon happy the session went well for you it is always hard when you are getting used to a new counsellor. Hope you are staying warm today and are out of the wind. Is freezing sheet rain here (better than the heat of summer though). Take care. peaxx

I'm feeling pretty stressed about my next psych session. If I were giving advice to anyone else I'd tell them that psych lacks the skills needed to treat me effectively and has not taken it upon himself to learn, therefore I'd be better off seeking treatment elsewhere. But that just destroys me on the inside. 

Morning everyone ❤ So nice to see lots of chat.

My turn to bring you q coffee this morning @Maggie. Wondering how you're going this morning?

@Emelia8 you're often an early bird too. Tea? ❤

Hi @thevortcion. I know I've asked before but memory sieve- when is your next psych appt? What you're talking about above sounds to me like a thinking brain vs feeling brain battle. They are always so, so tough 🙁

@CheerBear  💙💙 Dragging the ball and chain here this morning. Coffee will help

How was work yesterday ? How’s it feeling today ?

Coffee for anyone who wants one.

@TheVorticon  That sounds tricky. All I can say is, I’m hearing you, wishing for better for you. And sending some 🕯🕯🕯just a little light.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance