Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Dropping off a coffee β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ @CheerBear . It’s a big day. ❀️❀️ I really hope it all goes well. Meeting parents. 

I know there’s tricky stuff involved, and no one wants anyone hurt. Remember it was over before you arrived. People know that if they can be honest. Just enjoy today. Enjoy you he person. πŸ’™πŸ’™

Itty, bitty sized soccer boots, super cute with a touch of neon. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Morning @Maggie and hi everyone who might come by πŸ‘‹πŸ™‚

Thanks heaps for your message this morning Maggie, and the reminder that helps take some of the yuck feelings away. I'm looking forward to meeting them. We can't be out for very long as it's a decent drive (which I feel even more nervous about I think - I don't like going so far away during school hours) and we won't leave until after my psych appt this morning, so that takes a bit of pressure off.

Those itty bitty soccer boots were used in a show of seriously not great behaviour many times last night πŸ™ I was really confronted by it and wondered if perhaps club knitting as sport wpuld have been a better choice 😏. It was hard to watch my kid do what they were doing.

How are you going this morning? What colour is today?

Counsellor later?

@CheerBear  I was wonder, and hoping, you might have a psych appointment before the meeting today. Your psych is wise. Knows you. Has your best interests at heart.

I think the timing  is good. It lets you get some of the negative stuff out, and the positive stuff ( which there are lots of ) in.

I know my situation is completely different, but I was talking to my counsellor about what was being said behind my back about the recent incident. Lies. I can’t defend myself. It’s unfair. Sounds familiar in many ways.

Her response was, as usual, wise. Does it REALLY matter what people who don’t know you think??? People who DO know you, know better. Very true. Still not easy though.

Oh, the itty bitty shoes were not so cute last night. πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜” Crochet might be a second choice, but I think convincing tiny tot , will be more challenging. Parenting has curves and challenges, some more for parents. It’s tough growing with kids.

Gosh, my foster daughter nearly finished me off. She was only 9 mths old.

Yes counsellor today. Not sure what colour yet. Tricky here today. Confused. πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

Your counsellor, as usual, is very right and wise also @Maggie. It doesn't matter what people who don't know us think, though as you said it still isn't easy. I guess one of my issues is that people who know me either now or perhaps will one day, will and do judge. Judgements suck and I feel very strongly about challenging them though it can seem like justifying myself particularly in this situation. My brain can snap and pop and fizzle a bit with it all 😏

Those feelings of not being able to defwnd yourself aren't fun and what happened to you and the fall out of it all isn't fair πŸ™

I felt horrible watching kid behave that way last night. Lots of ultra competitive and aggressive stuff. It was like watching rooster fighting (I am thinking the forum will filter the word I want to use instead of rooster so I won't even try). They have a lot to learn and it appears they will learn it the very hard way. I questioned where I've gone wrong as a parent a lot last night. Part of it is probably developmentally appropriate but it didn't make it OK. Club sport is a great way to learn OK and not I guess though but it took everything I had in me not to march onto the pitch, take the little off the ground and make them sit out until they could play nicely again :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Love the snippets we get of foster daughter ❀ (though sorry to hear she nearly finished you off). They really can and do push you.

Love for the tricky and confused. Perhaps it's a splattered colour kind of day, like an artist palette 🎨

I found a mug in a shop yesterday and thought of you. I took photos to show you but my camera is smashed so they didn't turn out well. I just hunted for them online and found them though.

images - 2020-02-28T063243.122.jpeg

I think I'll go back and pick one up one day, even if it's just to sit on our window sill with some other odd things 

πŸ–€

I can’t see the pic yet @CheerBear . Looking forward to it when it comes through.

I’m having brain snap, pop and frizzle with things I feel strongly about also @CheerBear . Counsellor said not long ago. β€œ Get down off  that horse Maggie”  gently, but firmly. I’m thinking there’s a right time to say things, or wondering maybe. Sometimes the wisest move is to say nothing, and can be the hardest. You can waste time and energy on some who will never want to change the opinions they hold. That’s what can happen if you  think you are right maybe. πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

I can understand the feeling you had last night. I would find it confronting also. But you are not the only influence little has had, so, if....and a big IF..the behaviour is a negative. But it might be developmental, ( as you said ) so growing through it, and learning, even the hard way. Whatever, it’s a tough call. ❀️❀️

My foster daughter had the best lungs I’ve ever heard @CheerBear . She used them 24/7. We were banned from childcare at church. She disturbed all the other babies.

I have 3 china cups and saucers. I don’t have many special things, but these are my treasures. I hope you do go back and buy the mug.

I like the splattered.....definitely a good fit for today here.

I will be thinking of you. Sending positive vibes across the Tasman. πŸ€žπŸ€žβ€οΈπŸ’œπŸ˜”πŸ’›β£οΈπŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

Big smile for the mugs @CheerBear  πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

@Former-Member  Dropping off thoughts for you. Tomorrow is a very difficult day. Just want to let you know you are not alone , you are cared about. Sitting with you. No response necessary. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi @CheerBear @Maggie @Former-Member (and anyone else)
Hope everyone's days went ok. (everyone's day? everyone's days'? I'm overthinking this LOL)
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Maggie .. thats very kind and thoughtful of you. πŸ’•

Very tired, but afraid to go to bed or sleep. Had the worst nightmares the last couple of nights. Leaves me feeling very shaken afterwards, and I've really not been able to shake it off since.

Wishing you the best @TheVorticon and thanks for tag.

@CheerBear  Stressful times with meeting Mr's parents. How did it go?

Waves also to @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Zoe7 

Sherry

Thanks @TheVorticon . I hope your day went as good as can be expected. Good to see you. ❣️❣️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance