Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dammit
Contributor

Suicide

Last month I attempted suicide  why  it just got to a point where I felt comfortable ending my life  after having  severe Depression and severe anxiety also PTSD  

6 REPLIES 6
Whitehawk
Senior Contributor

Re: Suicide

Hi there @Dammit 

Welcome to the forums. I am the moderator this evening. It sounds like you have been through a really rough patch so good on you for reaching out for support on the forums. The members I am sure will be able to offer you support and connection.

Are you safe at this time Dammit? I hope you have been able to get some professional assistance with your mental health issues. To tag a member just put a @ before their name and check out our guidelines for how to use the forums and what to post.

Whitehawk

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hey @Dammit I ave been there several times myself and it is not a nice place at all to be. I too have depression, anxiety and CPTSD - mostly managed now but it took over 2 years - and several attempts - to get to a stage I could finally see any light in the darkness.

As @Whitehawk has mentioned - what supports do you have around you?

Hi @Dammit- I am glad you are here, and alive. I've been where you are so many times, and I live with chronic suicidal thoughts still now. I've been in hospital many times in the last five years for attempts. I too have severe depression and anxiety plus borderline personality disorder.

I just wanted to acknowledge that it's really hard to be in the space you are in. I hope you are getting the help you deserve and need.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Dammit , welcome. I also have anxiety, depression and PTSD.

I'm so sorry you attempted but I'm glad you're still here. Please stay safe and seek professional support. You're welcome here of course however but that would be more suited to a professional.

@Dammit
Hi Dammit, I hope you are ok today and getting some concrete help from professionals. I'm glad you are still here. You must really be suffering you poor thing. I have found this site to be very helpful when I am feeling this way. You can be anonymous so it's easier to share with like minded people and the people are really supportive and often helpful. Please look after yourself. It is a beautiful day today maybe you could go for a walk. Anyway Please take care of yourself.
cheers sweet pea
mudsum
Senior Contributor

@Dammit @Sans911 @Former-Member  @Zoe7 

i hope i didnt miss anyone. 

What i see here is bravery, courage and honesty. 

It takes some horrid things like darkness, feeling nothing, an intense lack of value for the suicide thought(and more) to take place. But I am astounded by the immense bravery to write what you have all shared today. It takes courage to know it’s worth speaking up. And honesty a trait of character I think many don’t value enough. 

thankful that you have all shared. 

And to @Dammit  you truth is powerful! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance