Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Checking in @Sophie1 images - 2020-02-11T183836.891.jpeg

How are things going @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member 👋 

been off grid for a few days as work and social life got busy - MsS is steady at moment - maybe even improving in terms of household chores contribution .. altho still lots of sleeping most days - but I think mood is hopeful overall

i am a tad run down from work stressors and need to do a bit more self care this week 

how r you tracking ? 

Ongoing work stress = 😵

Being intentional at work and with self care when stressed = difficult

Ms S contributing more = yay

Things about the same here - bumpy at times but relatively steady.

@Sophie1 

Wondering how you & Ms S are coping.

@Sophie1  hope you and Ms S are ok , thinking of you both 

heart-png-butterfly-6.png

Hi @Shaz51 and @Former-Member 

thankyou for checking on me and MsS

things have been hard lately - I've been unwell with chest complaints - usual winter crappy chest and MsS has been a downer since her manic episode a week ago .. so I guess we r just working out what's next 

I'm trying to step back and let her take back ownership of her journey and also trying to ask her what she wants for her life rather than just problem solving for her all the time 

I think I need to step back a bit 

Yikes @Sophie1  was thinking if I recall rightly Ms S had quite a productive phase previously with handywoman work before a crash.

At times I have found it difficult to be able to work out regular enthusiasm vs hypomania. 

Hi @Former-Member 

yes her hypomania always starts productive handiwork and then descends into annoying clumsy accident prone  hyperactivity ... the guide in the link you provided to the sane faq suggested 6hours of active time was realistic in these phases - and to encourage rest after that - so we are trying that out - there seems to be a tipping point where exhaustion and mania kicks in .. just watching for now and being conservative - she seems to have settled considerably - psychiatrist is tomorrow so that's good 

Hope appt goes ok @Sophie1 .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance