Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Self harm

I've self harmed a few days ago and I'm confused on why I have the urge to do it again but I'm fighting it can anyone relate to me please 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Self harm

Hi @Evie1 

Just checking in to see how you are this morning?

Heart

KEJ
Senior Contributor

I have joined a Pottery Group and it runs for 2.5 hours. I was so focused on a lump of clay that my anxiety levels has reduced. I was amazed how much I felt because my voices has always been an impact on me. I now look forward to next weeks Pottery Group. My self harm thoughts are always lingering and it's a sudden instinct which I lack control over.

KEJ
Senior Contributor

3576739B-FDCD-4535-933F-9D255A3DBA29.jpeg9930923D-5269-4465-92C5-4582A884FCB0.jpeg59A2EB0D-781B-4043-A018-F077E1646D25.jpegHere is the clay I'm working on.

@KEJ 

nice work @KEJ not my thing really I find lightly scratching helps me but like I said it's temporary I try to resist I can't sometimes 

@Zahlia 
I'm ok but still feeling depressed 

Hey Evie1, I self harm at least once a week and have at times needed surtures for the damge I have done,I hate seeing my arms in the state they are,scarred and damaged, but self harm is my way of coping with the severe anxiety I have and the thoughts that run through my head. I am working through other ways to deal with this with the help of my gp and psychologist. Mindfulness and positive affirmations delay the impulse for me to self harm but most of the time the urge comes back later in the day. I can very much relate to what you are feeling and doing.You are not alone.

@EM26 Thank you for sharing your story. It is great that you are exploring other ways to work through your anxiety with your GP and psychologist.  Hope you are finding these strategies helpful.

Radius

@Radius  I feel very alone don't know why 

@Evie1 I hear you. I feel alone rn too.
I'm sitting with you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance