Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Curly
New Contributor

Schizophrenia support groups

Hi All,
I have been trying to find a support group for carers of a family member with schizophrenia in the Melbourne city area? We are looking for information about how to manage the illness long term, how to help the person engage with others and living independently in the community and just general support and to hear others experience managing the illness??
Suggestion of support groups or education programs you have found helpful would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Schizophrenia support groups

Hi there @Curly

Welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you.

I just wanted to flag that the forums are anonymous to keep forum members safe, so exact locations of supports groups being shared is actually against our guidelines here it's easy to miss them so don't worry about that.

However, I can link you to organisations who run support groups in Melbourne/Victoria (you can use their website to search for the location of a support group) -

Grow Australia

1800 558 268

https://www.grow.org.au

Mind Australia

1300 268 463

https://www.mindaustralia.org.au

Mind also runs other carer and family supports such as a helpline, programs, counselling and respite that you might like to ask about what is available in your area when you call them.

It is great you are reaching out for support for all of this as a carer, that can't be easy. 

Hope they help,

Lunar

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Schizophrenia support groups

Wellways also offer carer and peer support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance