Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

hello @Former-Member , how are you going Heart

Heading home today @Shaz51 

See both you and @Faith-and-Hope have had upsets ... 😔

yes both me  and @Faith-and-Hope have had upsets @Former-Member Heart

glad we only had one 2 hour job this morning , after an hour I started feeling very yukky again

I went to the chemist for a free blodd pressure reading and it had gone down this morning

went and visited mum , morning tea and did a few things for her

mum had a hiccup last night , so i was up last night expecting a phone call from mum to take her to the hospital -- did not happenSmiley Very Happy

came home , had lunch , a biggggg talk to Step S3 and then relaxing

then I thought I need to clean the floor , so i started and mr shaz washed the floor when i finished

i cleaned the bathtub , mr shaz cleaned the walls

then we took apart an old fan and put it in the binSmiley Very Happy

@Determined @Shaz51 

Followed up on counseling today. Rang about the free carer support service that is available through the carer gateway and have a phone appt booked in for later this week. Hoping the 6 sessions they offer might see me through the transition period of our move and/or until I find someone local.

1.png@Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member  how did the counselling go ? I hope you had a good connection with the counseller .. I know first sessions are usually just intro get to know you so hopefully the next ones will be more content rich conversations for you .. I actually keep a written note book during or right after my counselling (which I have on and off) so I can refer to it later when getting stuck and remember the advice and see if that’s enough to help me or if I need a session again .... my work offers 6 free sessions too each year - I’m thinking of doing that again as MsS health crisis is evolving rather than resolving and it may be good to connect before I get overwhelmed totally again 

Thanks @outlander  

@Sophie1 @Shaz51 @Determined 

Phone counselling appointment went ok, mainly a getting to know you session but reminder given that everything does not need to be done at once and importance of following up on my own health (which I am doing).  

Good to hear @Former-Member 

@Former-Member  thinking of you and trust things are as well as they can be.. 

hugs @Former-Member Heart

hello @Determined Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance