Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

janedoe2
Senior Contributor

My Life Partner has had a Major Breakthrough

My Life Partner who struggles with Mental Health issues has recently had a huge breakthrough and has significantly improved in his mood and  his ability to be in the present moment. I am so happy for him as he has been working feverishly to improve. Does anyone have any advise about how to support him best while he continues to improve?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My Life Partner has had a Major Breakthrough

Hi @janedoe2

It is lovely that your partner has had a breakthrough and significant mood improvement.

Maintaining loving support and our own wellness is vital.

Revisiting the wellness plan often wise - MI is often chronic and cycling in nature.  Wellness happens because of ongoing treatment and patients can often stop meds +/- therapy and relapse. 

If not already in place, when a patient is well,  if not done already, matters like enduring guardianship and preferred treatments can be discussed and if thought appropriate can be enacted.

Re: My Life Partner has had a Major Breakthrough

it is lovely that your partner has had a breakthrough and significant mood improvement. @janedoe2

how is your day going today Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance