Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

My Hospital Stay

So I arrived here at midday today.
Feeling a bit lost. Everything is so ... strange.
Not sure what to do now.
Starting to get a bit anxious. A bit teary. Trying hard not to think, or to feel.
Wishing I had a bourbon or some chips or junk food. Something to keep me busy and not feeling.

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: My Hospital Stay

Hi @utopia - are you in public or private? I've never been hospitalised although the offer has been made to me. I'm sure you will feel calmer once you settle in to the routine. Take care.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @utopia

Thinking of you. So proud of you for going. I know it will help you get back on your feet. 

Im in for a few days and it never seems to get easier. I always feel lost to start with. 

Hoping it goes, but here with you for the rough patches and the good moments and all in between.

love and hugs 💜🤗💐😘

Thanks @Former-Member @Former-Member. I'm in a private clinic - as Workcover is paying for my stay. I went to hospital at this time last year, as well, & I found it really beneficial. I've just slid back at the moment - but will get stronger again.
@Former-Member. I didn't realise you are also in hospital. I haven't read your thread for a while. I've been a bit self absorbed lately. But even with that - I do hope that this stay will be good for you & that you go home feeling stronger in yourself.♥♥
Former-Member
Not applicable

I know you've had a tough ride @utopia and I'm sorry I haven't been there much for you either. I'm hoping this will be really good for you, a chance to press the reset button and start again.

I'm in the public system but in short stay to try to break the intense SI I was having. My therapist rang my son in our appointment on Wednesday and told him to take me to hospital as she feared for my safety, turns out it was probably a good call. The last two hours is the first time I'm beginning to feel remotely human again for the first time in a week. The last hour is the first time SI has taken a break from my brain. 

Enough about me. Are you sharing a room? I bet you get milo or something to drink at night, only full strength tea or coffee here, not even cordial. Not much to go to sleep on. Whinging me thinks. 

I hope your feelings have settled a bit now @utopia. A Milo would be nice to settle in with, maybe extra chocolates to add some puunch huh ?

😘
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh and I get to use my dog hugs on a dog lover @utopiaIMG_3851.JPG

i have a real affinity with this pic. 

Sending human hugs too 💜🤗💐

Hi @utopia Heart

I'm hoping you settle in real quick, I find once I get back into my routine I start to settle. It can take up to three or four days. Is this the same hospital from last year or a new one? I think what helped me was getting organized. But apparently 3 to 4 days for your brain to adjust.

I'll check back in later day to see how you are going and to see how your first night went.

Former-Member
Not applicable

-

-

As in a Sane Forums person @Former-Member ..... ??

Pick me, pick me @utopia ....... 🤗❤️💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance