Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

WIP
Senior Contributor

Mood Diary - template or App

Hi,

Through my therapy with a new psychologist, she has recommended that I keep a Mood Diary -hard copy or via an App, doesn't matter.
She has provided some examples.

but I thought I'd ask my Forum Family, hoping they have some effective recommendations that have worked for them.

TIA, x

7 REPLIES 7
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Mood Diary - template or App

@WIP  My husband Mr Darcy filled out a mood chart which I think I got from the Black Dog website. It gave a mood rating of +/- 5 and an anxiety and irritability rating of 0-3. I cannot stress how valuable this was particularly when he was coming off crisis meds and it clearly showed mood stability with a change in class of medication.  I was able to use this chart to advocate strongly for him in relation to having the least restrictive medication regimen.

To my mind a mood chart is the psychiatric equivalent of a blood test.

What a great idea @WIP 

Screenshot_2020-12-30-20-36-43-80.jpg

Thank you @Former-Member 

I'll check out the Black Dog website. My psyche did provide some suggestions, but to also as my SANE family, as they may know of ones that worked for them.  Thanks again @Former-Member 

@WIP  I can remember @eth  talking about a mood chart, and how valuable it was. She’s not round much at the moment, but she might catch up with some info.

Sounds like a really good idea.

Thanks @Maggie !

Hi @eth  if you able to share, I'd greatly appreciate any input you have 💖

Hi all,I have on my phone eMoods a free app  .   I use it in conjunction with a Fit Bit health watch  thingamee bob. Gives me and my shrink info on depression ,hi moods, irritability,sleep and other helpful information.    You have to buy a fitbit health watch thingo, can get a second hand good one on eBay cheaper.Wouldnt do without mine.......jay2

Hi @WIP   if you google 'bipolar mood charts' you will find many to choose from.  And you don't have to only use them for bipolar.  Hope this is helpful.  I swear by mine for self-monitoring and it also keeps my pdocs informed.

Hi @Maggie !!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance