Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

@Former-Member Does your psych finishing up her practice in March mean she will no longer be seeing you as she said she would?

Im trying not to think about that too much for now @Zoe7 . But in short .. I dont know .. She doesnt know. Everything very much up in the air. All I know is that she will be closing her doors at the end of March. Other arrangements she had hoped for, failed to materialise.

Feeling quite unwell today. Dizzy as. Perhaps accumulation of building stress and anxiety plus not sleeping or eating properly over past few weeks.

Been lying down past hour, so I dont fall down. One nice thing .. Its begun to rain. Just light.

Sorry to hear your hip and leg are sore after your ladder fall earlier. Expect to be more sore tomorrow. Good you tended properly to your burnt hand.

Sherry 💕

have a nice sweet cup of tea @Former-Member  and something to eat too

puting a cool washer on your forehead sometimes helps xoxo

sitting with you

hello @Zoe7 sending you tender hugs for your hip and leg xx and hand

Oh no @Former-Member Maye she can come up with another solution before March - hoping very much for you Hon. Heart

I am not surprised you are not feeling well - it has been a massive few weeks with all the worry, stress and not knowing - as well as the feelings of being lt down again and losing that trust ....all that takes a toll on us Hon and if you have not been eating or sleeping it further exacerbates everything. Take care of yourself my sweet Sherry because we need you around ...I need you around Heart

Hi Sherry

Thanks for sharing your story. You will encourage others of us to do the same by the courage you have shown by sharing yours. 

I have PTSD since 2002. I have good days and bad days. On the bad days I work harder at distracting myself and sometimes manage that by doing things for others when I cannot bear to do anything for myself. 

I would say to you to becareful of triggers as you share your story and if something is too triggering that you don't have to reply and can leave it up to someone else or refer to a moderator. Have to keep yourself safe too. Did talking about it to others did your psychologist mean strangers or just people you know really well? Did you ask your psychologist about posting on online forums? I joined a depression forum years ago and that was great for mutual support except for when everyone was down at the same time then it had the reverse effect, so remember to be careful and kind to yourself. If you get triggered do the things that bring you some peace and safety or talk to someone you know that will help you through. May you go well. Ape. xx

Thank you so much @ape  for your lovely post.

I cant reply fully right now, but wanted to briefly welcome you to the forums.

I will come back and respond properly to your questions when I can. No NBN for last two days, so internet limited to mobile data on my phone. And thats slow and drops out. Hence my brief reply.

Sherry 💜

Yeah I know what you mean @Former-Member 

I wish I could stop these negative thoughts churning in my head as well.

If you find out how to stop it let me know mate.

And if I figure it out I will pass on the secret to you.

Am here for you whenever required Heart

Sometimes you need to take each second at a time, not hours or days as they seem too long to deal with

Thinking of you @Former-Member   You're often on my mind Heart

At least your psychologist has let you know well in advance that she's leaving.  It's much better that way than if they just stop without telling you (I've had both happen).  Mine will be taking a break for at least 6 months from April, so I get how it feels.  You can ask the current one to refer you to another one and do a detailed transition report so you won't have to start completely from scratch.  That's what mine will be doing.  Even if they don't find another one that's suitable for you,  make sure you get a thorough report from them before they go.  That way you can give it to anyone new you find for yourself.  I know how hard it can be to let go of what has become an important therapeutic relationship in your life.  All the hours invested in developing trust, a rapport, and a detailed picture of your history and current situation.  One of the things I've done that helps is I've written a long history (expanded time line) of my life - it's 14 pages long - and if I start with someone new I give them a copy of it.   I find it's a really helpful starting point.

Do take care lovely, xxoo

hello and welcome to the forum @ape Heart

lots of hugs my @Former-Member HeartHeart

@eth, @Scarecrowe , @Zoe7 

@Former-Member 💜💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance