Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dizzylizzy
Casual Contributor

I'm new here

Hi I am ne to this never having done anything like this but like a lot of you I am very isolated due to caring for my 23 yo daughter with autism and schizophrenia. Diagnoesd 3yrs ago. I thought it might be nice to communicate with others in my situation and totaly get what me.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I'm new here

hello @Dizzylizzy, and welcome to he forum xx

if you put schizophrenia. in the search the forum bar , it will show you ome threads you are looking for

How are you today xx

Hi shaz
On friday they are planning to take my daughter into a secure rehabilitation centre. She is so lost in her head with her voices we have no communication except take these tablets and eat this food. She gets mad at me if I interfere with the voices. Are these centers a good thing. I cant help her any more. It is so sad to see her smiling and gesturing and looking at people I cant see. I feel so sad.

Well it is a week later and after a few rough days my daughter has been put back in hosp. The secure rehab. didnt happen. She was in hosp. In June for 21/2 weeks then sent home without any changes to meds now thanks to a great docial worker she is back and the plan is to make changes. Tha dr assures me she wont be home till she is better. I am 67 yr old living with her alone and I have to say there are times whe I am scared of her.
Thanks for listening ang caring. It is so good to have somewhere to talk about it.

Hi @Dizzylizzy

How are things going this week? 

It sounds like there's a lot happening in your household at the moment and trying to manage such situations can lead to feeling stressed and overwhelmed, so I wanted to checkin to see how you are managing? That's another reason why connecting with people on the forums can be helpful, can assisit in us feeling connected with others and leaning on their knowledge/experience. 

If you'd like further support, contacting Mental helath Carers Australia would be a good starting point. 

Mental Health Carers AUS

1300 554 660

http://www.mentalhealthcarersaustralia.org.au/about-us/

Thinking of you,

Pebbles.

sending you lots of hugs @Dizzylizzy HeartHeart

Thanks for giving us an update @Dizzylizzy 

Sounds like things are hopefully on a path which will lead to more support for both yourslef and your daughter. 

Thinking of you Heart

Hi everyone

I have been having a bit of a holiday while she is in hospital. Catching up on projects, catching up on sleep and generally relaxing. It has been a break for me but she is still struggling, still in the high secure area. I worry for her. She doesn't seem to be improving much. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Hope you are surviving well.

Ohhh @Dizzylizzy, i was thinking of you today and I tagged you somewhere and here you are HeartHeart

sorry to hear she is still struggling, sending you all hugs HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance