Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

Saying "Hello" @Appleblossom and wishing you well.Beethoven.jpg

(Beethoven was a grumpy looking man wasn't he? lol)

apple blossom.jpg

I hale from Apple country; Springtime's my fave season for colour and aroma...

Love the pics @Hope4me Heart

I have Beethoven Hair ... its scary ... lol

Smiley LOL

Ah ha ha...

I have bed hair at the moment. Not a pretty sight either...

Ha ha @Hope4me

I really needed that mutual laugh about bad hair days.

Thank you.

Woman LOL

@Former-Member Thinking of you Bella

@Maggie  It is so nice seeing you post around here and there.

@outlander @Shaz51  Lovely to see you both around when you can post.

Heart

My neck and back are not great atm, but hope it will improve soon.  Qi Gong again today.   I have been so busy I have not managed to do it every day.

Smiley Embarassed

What is Qi Gong @Appleblossom? Going to ask google lol

So it is a bit like Tai Chi @Appleblossom - sounds like a great thing to help with your neck Smiley Very Happy

Gentle form of exercise that seems to suit my body. @Zoe7

Currently listening to ABC radio on "The coddling of the American mind".

Thoughtful, but sad. Learned about the term "micro aggression".  Know it intimately but not seen it labelled as such.

All sorts of good intentions in the left about identity politics, inclusion and diversity, but contemporary practices that escalate conflict.

Apparently, I have made the big social faux pas of asking "where are you from?" what I thought was a common inoffensive opening question to break the ice.

I am not sure that it should be automatically called a racist question. 

Within some spiritual communities it became the way of NARRATING one's personal journey to where they were in the meeting.

Yes white people do ask other white people where they are from.  What suburb, what ethinic background etc etc.  It is part of getting to a new person.

In some ways I had been very cut off from the media for periods in my life, eg not have tv when others did, or not having phone or internet connection when  many did.  How did I break out of my isolation .. start to open up and converse with good will.

Says everybody walking on eggshells in unis, lecturers, students etc, as people are encouraged to "call out" racist or insenstive comments.  One eg was about someone called out re mental illness and ritalin.

In orphanages there was a strong NON ... dibber dobber policy.  I am still like that, but also think it important to grapple with things and not have knee jerk reactions to single word comments and try and see speaker in context.

If the calling out was helping thats fine ... but I am not sure it is ... I dont want to react negatively towards it tho, as for me bottom line, managing racism and bigotry is important.

He mentions the social back patting people get by making a big deal ... divertsity and inclusion are complex issues .... sigh ...

I also listened to a review of a new book called the The Social Leap".  Need to go do some music.

Heart

That sounds pretty heavy stuff you have been listening to @Appleblossom and also thought-provoking. 

I think we all as humans have offended someone at some time in our lives and not intentionally - we all come from such diverse backgrunds and what offends one may not offend another - but we live and learn and that is what helps us move forward in life as well.

The storm has hit here - my roof is leaking and my backyard is completely under water - I can only imagine how much water there is in the garage Smiley Sad ...and it doesn't look like it will stop soon Smiley Surprised

hope ou feel better soon my awesome friend xoxo @Appleblossom

Thanks @Shaz51 

Its about easing off when it gets this way.

Smiley Happy

@Zoe7

I thought it actually was light as it was just radio, and not an academic text. I guess both were reviews of books trying to be texts in academic areas.

What was heavy was a small listen to report on the Tara Costigan/Marcus Rappel case.Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance