Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Christheart
Senior Contributor

First day back at work

It was so hard to get out of bed. I felt like I was shaking all over. I kept on rolling over to face my cat, and telling her telepathically how unfair it was that I had to go to work and how unfair it is to be MI. 

I thought I was going to be late but I'm here a bit early, hence why I'm making this post. 

It was a huge mountain to move, it was scary, just getting here. It feels unfair that I feel like I've fought an army off before 10am, and some people can come to work happy and care free. But I need to remember not to compare my situation to others... that's one of my rules. 

I'm looking after some people today and it's Saturday, so I'm going to ask them if they want to go to the movies this morning.

I might make another post when I get home, just to decompress, because my anxiety is so high. I can't wait to be home. 

Christheart 

X

9 REPLIES 9

Re: First day back at work

Hi @Christheart 

Well done for getting up and going! 

Hoping you have a good day! 

@Captain24 

It hasn't been a complete dumpster fire so far. 

Going OK 👍 thank you friend 

Christheart 

X

Hi @Christheart 

Not only did you show up for your first day back at work, but you got there early!

Well done. You should be proud of yourself.

I hope you enjoyed the movie.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

@Christheart 

Hope you day went well. 

Well done @Christheart for your efforts in getting to work. That wouldn’t have been easy. You have much inner strength and hoping your day went okay. 🙏

@RedHorse thank you for the encouragement... 

I did like the movie, we saw Lightyear. It was actually very enjoyable... fun, light-hearted, PG, involved a cute robot cat. I couldn't have asked for a more agreeable day. Apart from the MI, the rest of the outside world was not so bad today. Triage called in the middle of the movie though, I ran out to speak to them. 

They said they're going to put me in contact with my local mental health hospital team. I've never met them, I hope it goes well. 

How was your day, RedHorse?

Christheart

X

@Krishna 

Thank you dear. It went ok ❤

Christheart

X

@Captain24 

It went quite alright actually. We saw Lightyear. It was good 😊

I'm so glad that you're first day back at work was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed the movie @Christheart 

Having more MH support available through your local hospital is also a good thing.

My day has been so-so, thanks for asking.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance