Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

I totally agree @Molliex - on all counts Smiley Very Happy 

I am very much the same as you - and I think a lot of people are - the more tired we are the worse we feel and it can become a vicious cycle as when our depression gets worse we also feel even more tired. It is hard to get out of that cycle so I am pleased that you have good support around you.

I am in a lot of pain. Hurt my back again today when a kid at school ran into me with their little bike. Kinder kids just do not have any spatial awareness and unfortunately I was in the way so they crashed into my leg. I had to be driven home so a weekend of trying to recover as best I can - super sucks but nothing I can do about it.

Pls don't apologise for not being around @Molliex 

@you are in need of support snd help

pls reach out. been tired affects us mentally and physically. I hope you can rest a bit. Hope your little girl is doing well. 

Here for you ❤️❤️

Ouch @Zoe7! Hopefully you can watch some comfort viewing and feel better asap x Thanks for your support 

Hi beautiful @BlueBay. I'm so happy you got that job.. It really cheered me up. My girl is great, it's her birthday next week. The days are long, but the years speed by xx 💙💜

Watching cricket at the moment @Molliex but will watch a lot of BBC/UK tv on Foxtel I suspect over the weekend. Not much on free to air tv on a weekend.

Tag me anytime Hon - happy to walk along with you when I can. Will be around over the weekend so anytime you feel you need that support or just want to chat then reach out to us here Heart

Hi @Molliex , I'm a new member hence me just seeing this now, so I hope you don't mind me replying here.

I'm sorry that you're struggling with intrusive thoughts and the other things you mentioned. If it makes you feel any better, I know how you feel. I also have intrusive dark thoughts and sometimes I don't feel like I'm in control of them at all, or fully, and I don't know why. It's a repetitive cycle of bad thoughts for me. For me personally, it's like when I get a happy positive thought in my head, my brain is like "get that happiness out of here, you don't deserve happiness", that's just my brain and I don't know why, no matter how hard I try.

I also have insomnia and I'm adjusting to new meds too, which I've been on since the 1st or 2nd of Feb (yes this month), although when I get my prescriptions in the mail from my psychiatrist, they'll be upped, so I understand how you feel there too, although meds, treatment, mental health etc is similar yet different for everyone.

For a suggestion, maybe you could try walking if you're up to it? Doesn't have to be a long walk, sometimes it's just nice to be outside around nature and get some sun and fresh air, depending on the weather of course. Maybe you could have a picnic even with just you, or sit somewhere and sketch your surroundings if you like art?

Of course it's all up to you, just suggestions. I hope you don't get hospitalised, and I really hope that you're alright. I'm here if you'd like to chat about anything or if you just need someone to listen then I'm here for that too, I care and I'll try my best to support you which hopefully I can somehow. Please don't harm yourself or any other silly things, I can see lots of people care and support you here and that's great to see.

I think it's great that you joined the forums and reached out and shared your story, so good on you, that in itself is brave and courageous I think. Take care and all the best, stay safe.

Love and hugs,

Tayla (I'm 20 by the way) xxx

Oops I meant to say brave in my message not grave, silly autocorrect, I'm so sorry @Molliex and others!

Hey there my friend @Molliex great to hear a post from you.

💙💜❤🧡💛💚  

I  am very sorry to read about your tiredness.  I understand the worry about slipping.  It was only a few months ago I was in crisis and the concern is natural.   My words to you is you've got this dear friend xxx

I hope you can find something to ease your tiredness like cutting back somehow.   I  also hope your gp can help you too.

Sending positive energy to you @Molliex 

Also, it doesn't matter that you can't comment on the forums, just know that you are a ray of sunlight to me when you do.

Love Angels333 

Thanks @Zoe7. Right back at you. I'm not around as much any more, but I always see my tags.

I'm getting my first tattoo this weekend, so that's my excitement. 

Hi @Former-Member. Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum. Anyone is welcome to post on my thread.

I'm actually training to do a charity hike at the moment. Last weekend I did a 4 hour bush walk. I also got to the gym, which I love. 

I've been in therapy since May. I've got some great strategies to deal with my intrusive thoughts - just need to put them into place.

Do you have a thread with your story? Link me if you do and I'll go back and read so I'm caught up 🌻 Sounds like we have some struggles in common 💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance