Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Caring4Corny

78620664_10217416732064671_119054599364542464_n.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Corny  checking in

images - 2020-01-04T131701.397.jpeg

thinking of you @Corny and wondering how your holding up?

Hey @outlander I'm pretty good, my anxiety has been very high, but its to be expected I suppose, that and my PTSD is pretty much treatment resistant, so I can just do my best, but I haven't been depressed and I am getting my fitness back slowly, I would like to be jogging by March, if my hips allow me.

What sort of support/therapy do you have in place this year @outlander? I can't remember what state you are in, but I have been finding great benefit from having community mental health support that comes to my apartment. My peer support worker is coming this morning and my case manager came last week. I wouldn't qualify for NDIS, and this help does have an end date, but every litlle bit counts.

Can you get community help in your area? Your psychiatrist would have to write a referral, there may be a waiting list, I had to wait and there is limited funding, so I don't know how they decide who they fund and who they send to other services......but its' one of those things until you ask the question the government doesn't tell you it exists, and you could be missing out.

My peer worker said a free DBT course has been funded this year in our Primary Health Network, so the help I receive is federal funding, not state, I didn't know this until my case manager told me, she said its booking out fast, I don't want to do it, I have my weekly psychotherapy but its great for people that do.

Maybe you could chase some things up being the beginning of the year and all.

Take care matey

Corny Heart

P. S - I forgot @outlander they may need discharge summaries from hospital admissions.....support may be dependent on the person having had lengthy admissions, I am not sure - sorry if I have misled you. It slipped my mind, but call anyway ya never know!

goodness @Corny jogging! I don't jog unless I really really have to lol but I do a lot of other exercise so im alright with that.
whats happening with your hip?- if your ok in answering that of course.

I currently have my gp and my nurse-see my gp as I need and my nurse isn't for mh but I see her about once a month/every second month for other things so I can talk to her if I need to and a psychiatrist that I see once every 3 months but he makes me uncomfortable so don't really talk to him except about my medications. I don't have a psychologist.

im glad you have some supports in place and that youll get to do dbt as well, ive heard good things about that therapy.

Morning @Corny @outlander @Former-Member .... anyone else around ..... 👋💕

morning @Faith-and-Hope @Corny and everyone 🧡

Doing fly-bys again today @outlander @Corny  ..... lots to organise.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Corny  jogging ... images - 2020-02-05T113443.865.jpeg

Have you had any culinary successes of late?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance