Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

OOTF75
Contributor

Available To Support and Just Chat

Hi Friends,

I have just come to terms with my CPTSD. I was in a long and lonely emotional flashback since July, 2019 without even knowing of it.

In a span less than six weeks I had lost my identity, my relationship, my last attempt at reconnecting with my only parent. The only thing that I am clinging on to is my job.

It feels as if I had just woken from a mental nightmare into a reality of harsh emotions and truths. But it was a slumber that I needed and if anything reinforced within myself that I am indeed a survivor.

I am slowly recovering- a rambling each day to take those two steps forward and prepare for that single step back. It is tough. It is lonely. It will be a daily struggle to piece the puzzle of who you are. 

But it needed to be done. I was doing myself a great disservice. It would be great to chat in general but also provide the support and mutual offer of strength for those in need.

Take care of yourself and treat each moment with the unique strengths that only you possess.

Hit me up. I'll also respond sooner than later 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Available To Support and Just Chat

Hey @OOTF75 Been there myself and know what it is like to have to deal with the enormity of MI as well as struggle to get to the other side to move forward - even if it is in baby steps. Been back at work for the past year after more than 2 years off and for most of that time I was in a very dark place. Coming out the other side slowly and this forum has been a major contributing factor there ...so pleased you have found us and are here - welcome to the community. Smiley Very Happy

Thank you. I have chatted with others and read many personal nightmares to realise that we may be at times the lucky ones to be truly feeling our pain head on and soldiering on.

My story is long and complicated @OOTF75 but I can also say it is filled with such nightmares - so whilst I am coming out the other side in a lot of ways there is still a long way to go. Being alive is a bonus most days but there are more moments of joy and even the occasional happiness - so tht I can be grateful for.

The long and complicated stories can be the most rewarding. Feel free to share what you feel comfortable with sharing 🙂

Has anyone joined any meetup groups in an attempt to meet others?
There is one for ppl with CPTSD/PTSD

@OOTF75 I have shared a lot of my journey with people here and it is not something I wish to revisit. I think we would be more interested in knowing a little more about you. Maybe visit the Introduce yourself here thread where you cn tell us a bit more about yourself and where more people would also get to know you. 

Also ...it is a good idea when replying to someone to tag them so they can be notified you have replied. To do that type in @and then start typing their name. A drop down box will appear where you can select their name.Their name will then appear in green so you know they will be sent a notifiction. That way no-one will miss your replies 👍

Cheers - already into’ed myself and using iPhone. Is there a way to tag this way?

For Sydney

Hi @OOTF75,

I'm one of the moderators. It's great to see you on the forums, to hear some of your story and your readiness to chat and support other members of the community. 

I wanted to clarify the issues you are having in tagging people. I was unsure if you are having trouble tagging other members or if you are trying to tag your location.

As the forums are an anonymous peer space there is no tagging of locations. If you are having trouble tagging members and need some extra support with that, feel free to email team@saneforums.org 

Looking forward to seeing you more on the forums Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance