Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Thekindone
Senior Contributor

Anxiety

20 year old king of anxiety here. It's my first time posting, but already in just so grateful I'm not alone, I'm not by myself, I'm not that alien I've always thought I was. I constantly and consistently feel like I have to justify my happiness to myself, and of I'm feeling good, that I have to be doing good, working towards my future, doing soenthing for someone else, or feel as if I need to be pushing myself in some way. If I'm not good, I feel useless and lime a passenger, feeling like I'm not good enough to be here. Either way ends in a exhuasted and beaten me, and this as got csn imagine gets incredibley tiring. 

But you know, I remember I have a job to do, lots of people that love me and most of all, I remember that I've been here many times before, and that there is a light at the end. Things will be ok, and things will ease 

We are all amazing, all of us here, whatever you story, this is a palace to pour our hearts out. Go us for showing up ,❤️

15 REPLIES 15
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Anxiety

Thank you for sharing @Thekindone ,

What you have written is so powerful and encouraging.

tyme

Thank you my friend, we are all in this together no?

Hi @Thekindone and welcome to the forums 🙋

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Yes, @Thekindone , we are in this together. To support, strengthen and encourage one another.

tyme

Thanks mate ❤️

Welcome, @Thekindone !

I want to say, I also used to have that "not good enough" thing. I always chose the hard road, denying myself happiness and things as I felt I wasn't worthy. 

I want to say, you don't have to do this! It's OK just to 'be', and also OK to live for yourself, especially when you aren't well. In fact, it's essential and mentally and emotionally healthy.

You can still care for others and strive to better yourself, just not all the time - that is defeating and discouraging, and exhausting, like you say. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply to them. 

I hope you find the forums supportive. 

Thankyou so much

@Thekindone 

There will be a light at the end of the tunnel  

You will come out of this dark night. 

You are not alone, broken or an alien. There are many, many sensitive souls out here. 

It's good to do good works but it's not where we get our worth from. You are worthy and valuable even if you can't do something incredibly amazing today like save someone from a burning building. 

Even just a little thing, like being kind to yourself, is important 

Christheart 

X

I'm learning that slowly, thank you so much
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance