Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

sara
Senior Contributor

A return

Hello all,

I'm baaacccckkkk

I was apart of this forum about 3.5 years ago. At the time I was in a pretty dark place and instead of working on me I found that even though I wanted with all my heart to help every one here I was using it to hide my own things instead of using this the correct way to help myself. So I took a step back, now I feel more confident that I can help and heal at the same time.

For thoes who don't know me (and thoes that don't remember) I have PTSD among other things from a 10+ year DV relationship, I am a mum of the 2 best kids in the world, and am engaged to the most wonderful man ever.

Recently I have been having diffculties with feeling like I'm so alone in this world but I can't step out there to make a friend. I made the decision to cut alot of ties with old circles as they were joint friends with my ex and I found out they were reporting to him about my commings and goings which he was using against me as a scare tatic. Any that I have tried to make recently I just feel like a third wheel all the time. I can not remember the last time I got a call or sms (and to be honest I'm scared to look) of just "how are you".

Also I'm hoping to get some help with the kids as parenting is hard.

Thankyou for listening to me blab

12 REPLIES 12

Re: A return

ahhhhhhhh hello @sara , I have been here for nearly four years and I remember you , sooo lovely to see you xxx

how is everything going xx

sara
Senior Contributor

Hi @Shaz51

Things have been a very big up and down ride. I saw your tag in my other thread from all that time ago....so from then that job I had got didn't last the first month I ended up spirling again which they were not supportive of. About 6 months later I got a drifferent job that I was at for 2 years, then of all things that I never thought would happen I was headhunted for the job I have now. the guys I work for are awsome and super supportive. I get to work from home full time I can do all the school runs and after school sports with out being worried (they got me a lap top so i can work from anywhere) sometimes I have to do night meeting with international clients so as far as my bosses are concerned it all works out in the end.

The guy who I had just met in the last post.......we are currently planning our wedding Woman Very Happy

My son got accepted into the high school he wanted and is doing really well there. Also my daughter loves primary school and has all the friends she could ask for.

The last 12 months have been hard with deaths in the family. I lost my grandmother (90) and my brother (25) my partner lost his aunt (55) and a cousin (30)  

Ali11
Community Builder

Welcome back @sara! It's great to have you back on the forum. It sounds like you've really come far from your traumatic time, and it's great that you are more confident now. How old are your kids? 

sara
Senior Contributor

Hi @Ali11 

I have come a huge way from where I was I still have some down times but that's ok

they are 14 (year 9) and 8 (grade 2)

Oh, they're big kids @sara! I can't help you out there but there's plenty of people who have kids similar ages here who will be able to jump in. That's so true, bad days still happen but that's ok, we just need to remind ourselves that it's not going to be rainbows and unicorns all of the time right? 

wow @sara  you kids have grown up my friend xxx

@sara, how is your saturday going today

Welcome back @sara ..... 💐💕

Its so great to hear the lovely news and progress in your life.  I am so sorry to hear about the special people you have lost, that’s hard, and it takes time to recover.  So glad your here .....

Welcome back from me too @sara   I don't think I knew you when you were here before, but I've been around since before then.  Sounds like you've had a lot of positives in your life lately.  Sorry to hear about the family members you've lost.  There's a thread called 'Experiences of Grief' if you want to talk about that.  Congratulations on your engagement.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance