Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Doglover @Angels333 It really is difficult returning to work after time off. I was off work for just over 2 years and the return was not made easy for me. I had no support from those at work ...infact I was treated very poorly. I made the decision to request a transfer and have now ended up in a very supportive workplace. I am only saying all that because if I could come back from where I was at and return to work then I have no doubt that both of you will be able to as well. 

@Angels333 it does take a period of re-adjustement and making sure you look after yourself at the same time but you got this and you have support here to help you through it. Heart

@Doglover I came from the depths of the darkness over those couple of years and I never thought I would get back to work again - but it happened and I have everything crossed that it can eventually happen for you too. It is by no means an easy road - and throw in the effects that meds have on you and that makes it even more problemmatic. It took me multiple changes of meds, some bad side effects, SI and time - but I had support and that undoubtedly helped me fight through it all. You too have that support here Hon - so lean on those supports as much as you need - it does make a difference. Heart

Hi @eth , i hope u enjoyed ur nice quiet day today and that it was therapuetic for u. Thinking of u..

💜 Doglover  xxx

@Ali11  Hey Ali11 well without sounding boring I am sick atm which is boring but there is nothing to be done just wait for the virus to run its course :). Other than that I am well thank you and I hope you are too xx

@Mazarita @Doglover @Zoe7 @Angels333 @Ali11 @eth @Adge @CheerBear @Appleblossom @outlander @BryanaCamp @Meowmy  @Exoplanet and to all I have missed (because I am a sick lil pea) and all who pass wishing everyone a super pea Friday :)!I am basically uumming and arrring as to whether cancel today's support worker and go back to bed or to tough it out and go for a walk and do some healthy cooking .... I am not sure..... I definitely do not want to pass it onto the support worker but a bit of exercise might help get rid of the virus. Idk .... I hope everyone is well. Is 4 degrees here right now and am considering going for a walk to heat up the body to again help k1ll the virus. Decisions .... decisions .... time for a hot cup of tea :o. Love to all peaxxx

Hope your feeling better soon @greenpea  Heart

morning @Exoplanet HeartHeart

Good Morning @Shaz51  Heart

hugs and walking with you today @Exoplanet Heart

heading out the door soon , keep warm my friend xx

Hi and good morning @Doglover yes yesterday was a good break from it all and I really stuck to my do nothing plan.  Every time I thought of something that needed doing I just put it on a list, which I've already started ticking off this morning.   How is your day looking today?

Good morning also to anyone else around here today.  Hope it's a peaceful one for all and that goals are kicked!  @Shaz51 @Exoplanet @greenpea @Angels333 @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @frog @Adge @CheerBear @Former-Member @Owlunar @Former-Member @Sans911 @Snowie @Ali11 @Alone @MDT @TAB @Gazza75 and anyone else reading this.

@greenpea  sending get well wishes and hope things go well with your sw if you decide to see her.

@nashy @s-jay I talked about the forums quite a bit with my psychologist for the first time on Wednesday and came to see that as much as it can be good for me, especially in being able to support others, I am on-line way too much for my mental health and life balance.  She encouraged me to set time limits and also make myself a weekly 'roster'.  Otherwise I can end up being here for quite a few hours every day - which I enjoy, but which is meaning there are other self-care and home based type activities that I'm not doing enough of.

Hoping everyone I'm in touch with here will understand if you don't see me quite as much.  It's not just about forum time, it's about time on-line all together - I go down the rabit hole too often, emerging after several hours have passed.  Most days.  

Take care all xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@eth you are very generous with your time, thank you for helping me ease into the forums. Always here for you too, if you just want a quick chat. Have a beautiful day ( making a list sounds like a great idea, I might do that!) 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance