Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

@Former-Member thank you for your post. Please don't feel bad. My time here in the forums is a bit sporadic atm for various reasons. So I understand how hard is it to keep up with everything that's happening. Any support anyone gives myself, @Emelia8 or others is greatly appreciate. There's no expect,ccertainly not from me anywa, that you must be here. There's lots of support from so many already, and it's great to 'see' you whenever you pop into the forums to say hi.

Session finally done. It was awful and I stuffed everything up. Badly triggered at start. In car now and cant stop crying and shaking. Need to get a grip on reality, as cant drive like this. Im scared

@Emelia8  I’m hearing you. Sitting with you. You aren’t alone.

Hello again all

H ope u r all going ok

i gotta take some time out for while self care n balance

Hope Bow u will be ok

still learning to navigate tag etc sometimes box doesn't come up @... n iforget spelling.  😁 💕

@Emelia8

@Former-Member @Snowie 

@Former-Member  @Eve7 '@Bow @Anastasia @Shaz51 

Re: Hello again all

Lovely to hear from you @Mellysmellyelly 

Take good care of yourself.

@Bow  I’ve just eaten my banana and am now “standing in the gap for you”

💖🦋💖

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hello again all

Dear @Emelia8 

Be safe.  Take time out.  Go for a snack or have a rest.  I have had to struggle with varying driving capability over the last 20 years.  It is hard, and a lot more difficult to tell with medical conditions, than the easier alcohol readings, where we all know that a little bit over can be a hazard.  

Heart

I know you come from tough stock that prides itself on not complaining. Sometimes it can be good to have to do for others so we push ourselves beyond perceived limits. Yes there are some things which we can do the stiff upper lip for, but radiation, chemo and cancer are not in that ball park.

Just Hugs and sending Caring for you vibes.

When I realised that bottom line I was a danger on the road and it was a danger to others not about my strength or weakness I got clearer, about my driving decisions.  Give yourself the dignity of managing your health issues well.  You have done enough for that hubster.  You deserve the best.

Love you Bella

Hey @Mellysmellyelly @Eve7 @Maggie 

@Sans911 Your post was distressing, but very real issue, with medical awareness and awareness of the limits of the system.    People in it need to be more aware of the limits they provide.

Cheers All

Thanks to those who responded.

Im at a service centre now having a cuppa before I drive home.

Sat in my car for about an hour trying to settle down enough to get here.

Watched the Westpac ambulance helicopter land on the hospital helipad just in front of where my car was parked. Fascinating stuff. 

I feel so stupid about being triggered. I can see why, but its still upsetting that I could not prevent it happening. How quickly things take a turn.

My planned radiation nurse apt after therapy, was moved again at my request. I couldnt stay today, had to get out of there. Moved to next week while Im staying up there, so much better.

Need to finish this chai latte and get myself home. I need to sleep. Im exhausted physically and emotionally.  Still nothing from my psych's office.

@Anastasia  are you at work again today?

Em

hugz, emergency_med.gif

EMERGENCY HUG @Emelia8  re "sitting in your car alone, shaking, feeling awful after treatment, crying, scared ..."  Oh Em, I wish we could all be sitting in the car with you giving you hugs and soothing hot  Coco or something. It's not fair that you're on you're own for these sessions. I know there's several ppl on the forums that would gladly give up a day to be YOUR support person through these appointments 🌷🌷🌷

Oh sweetheart yes I'm in the 🤬😠😡🤬😡😠 office so I missed your messages. By now hopefully you are home, safe and able to rest? I love you. I will head home now too and check in on my arrival home @Emelia8 

@Emelia8 here with you and for you hun.

Hoping you got home safely

Lots nad lots of hugs and hugs 💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance