Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

bean
Senior Contributor

Hi... I'm new here.

Hi

Thank goodness I'm behind a screen because I'm sure not good with good social situations of introductions.

I have been dealing with depression/anxiety/panic (medically diagnosed around 18 years ago)

Been on and off medications for those years and at the moment struggling big time with needing to come off my meds I am currently on 1/3 of my normal dosage and not coping. Life has been a downward spiral for a few months, loss of my job, loss of my one and only friendship, strained family relationship break downs, illness, and just every day issues.

Not sure what I am hoping to gain from this but here I am.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hi... I'm new here.

Hello @bean

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is really nice to meet you 🙂

It is great that you are reaching out on the forums for some support, especially when you find it difficult in social situations. I think you will find you are not alone with feeling like that, as many people use the forums for some peer support when face to face is quite tricky.

It sounds like the last few months have been particularly rough for you with losing your job, losing your one and only friendship, illness and family relationship issues, that is a huge amount to be coping with. So again, I am glad you have come to the forums for some much needed support.

Another way of getting to know other members is also by Introducing Yourself Here, you might like to check that out.

I look forward to getting to know you better, let us know if you have any issues with navigating the forums too.

Lunar

Crap, I knew I'd screw this up sorry for posting in the wrong place 😞

Hi @bean ( I really like your name :)) welcome to the boards. greenpea

Thanks @greenpea

Hi @bean, you didn't screw up posting the way you did at all, it was exactly right to share where you are at, coming into any new community is daunting and online is no different, except you can wear Teddy Bear pjyamas and no one knows. 😉

I am sorry to hear things have taken a dive for you with work, life and relationships. It's a tough gig living with mental illnesse/s - Hope you find the connection, and support here you would like. I dip in and out of the forums, have been here since about late 2015 I think, have found some lovely companions and great advice (or rather perspectives).

Coming off medication is hard, I am currently reducing one of my meds to half the dose and struggling with it - but I want to persevere to try to get some of my mojo back. How are you doing now, its been a few days since you posted. 

welcome @bean

I hope you find the forums useful and beneficial for you in your current stage of MH

Thanks @MoonGal

Yes this is all extremely daunting.

I do hope your decrease in meds starts panning out for you soon. 

I'm still really struggling.

Thank you @Flying_Hams
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance