Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Battling MI whilst caring for someone with MI

@utopia @outlander @Shaz51

hello 🙂

sorry i havent been on for a few days ... time keeps getting away from me. ive been okay. been busy, and had lots on my mind. i also found out on thursday that my mum's older brother has been diagnosed with bowel cancer, which was a big shock to everyone. i went to visit him this afternoon at hospital. he seemed ok, i can see he is trying to stay strong but he is very worried. they will operate on him to remove the tumour however, he has spots on his lungs which he will need chemo for.

mum is the same, has good days and bad days. 

i think of you all and keep telling myself "i need to respond to my messages lol!"

thanks for thinking of me, i will try and sit down this week and type up a proper message!!

@Shaz51 I am so sorry to hear about your mum 😞

@Bella1978 no need to apologise. You dont have to write up big responses, just writr what you can. Its nice to see you either way ❤
Im sorry about your mums brothers not well either. Im no surprised your so busy. I hope your finding some down time for you though. Hugs xox

@Bella1978. I'm very sorry to hear the news of your Uncle. Is he the one that's close to your mum? How is she taking the news? Or has he not told her?
Sending you hugs for support.

Hi @utopia

im on hold with centrelink so thought id hop online ... been on hold for 26 mins... it said the delay would be over 30 mins .... oh joy!

im cranky this morning and tired, and hangry haha

this uncle is the older brother of my mum. mum hasnt wanted to see him (or anyone else while she's been unwell). no, i havent told her yet. not sure how she would take it.

how have you been luv?

hi @outlander - how are you luv?

xxxxxxxxxx

@Bella1978. You sent your post 3 hours ago. So I'm hoping you got through to CentreLink by now. Lol.

That's right. Your mum is close to her younger brother.

Might be an idea to talk to her doctor about letting her know about older brothers cancer.

How are you coping?

@utopia

hey luv, yeah i was on hold for just over half an hour and then on phone with them for close to half hour lol ... but i got sorted what i had to which was good. my days been ok. had to get some phone calls sorted this morning, saw mum this arvo. she wasnt too bad, but tired.

youve got a point re: talking to mum's doctor about letting her know about my uncle's cancer. i believe she has a right to know, just not sure how she will be finding out. will run it past the psych.

im coping ok, thanks to food lol! man, im shoving it down throat some days! im looking forward to a nice quiet night at home tonight. what you up to luv? hows your day been?

xxx

Hello @Bella1978

@outlander *big hugs*

How are you going tonight? @Bella1978 anything nice planned this evening?

@Bella1978. Not doing much tonight. Watch a bit of tv, read a bit of book, play mahjong on computer. That's it.

A relaxing night would be good for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance