Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Change123
Senior Contributor

can you overturn a narcissistic smear campaign

Hi

My partner and I are currently victims of a narcassistic sisterinlaw who is now trying to do a smear campaign on us by manipulation, fabrication, and looks like she will not stop at anything to get my partners frail mother to hate us and I think she has succeeded.  We have had nothing to do with this woman for maybe 20 years and only seen her at 5 family functions but due to a family situation have been dealing with her for the past week.  We thought she had changed but realise now she has only perfected her art.

We have blocked all communication as we know narcassists absolutely hate that as we had the last word, we think maybe some of this was spurred on when she realised we were more successful in life than her plus she is very greedy and money orientated.  It seems nothing is beneath her .

Has anyone dealt with someone like this and managed to turn it around (the smear campaign)?

Or do we just have to accept the fact that we may never be able to see my partners mother again as she probably hates us now!

She has even fabricated events to us when there was only us there, like putting it in writing would make it real somehow.  She is very spineless and does none of this face to face its all done through hand written notes, texts and email which we have kept!

If anyone has any advice on the best way to deal with her and have the truth come out somehow, I would really appreciate it.

We are actually expecting something worse to happen, not sure what but narcassists will do everything to win and what we put in our response will really get to her because its revealing a dirty secret she didnt think I knew about. She will do something to retaliate we know that and just have to wait and see.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: can you overturn a narcissistic smear campaign

Hi, it’s certainly not nice being a victim of a narcissistic smear campaign unfortunately, I know that all too well I’m quite a big toxic family and I had a few members do this to me and it is the most difficult thing to go through because you are right narcissist don’t have any awareness of anybody else’s emotional self, so they have no remorse. The things that’s happened to me which is so cold and nobody believe me because they thought how could your twin sister do that to you? You must be making it up I’ll tell you what it’s been super tough and it’s only been just recently actually come out the other side and like you not long ago, I was asking 1 million questions about how to deal with it I turned into myself and I really started to give myself self love, and healing my younger parts inside me and trying to repeat every day. I am loved. I am safe. I am none of those things I say that I am, and I guess reassuring my part over and over again, and giving myself the love and respect put me in a higher energy that I said surrounding myself with more positive things, and I had a lightbulb moment where I feel it really isn’t my business on what people think there is 1 million versions of you out there every single person has their own version. Can’t change what they think it’s not important for changing the way you think if yourself and you knowing who you are, you’ll see your perceptional change. I now feel empathy and sadness and compassion towards these people as I think wow they have a long way on the healing path that they need to put people down just to make themselves feel better! And true fact: narcissistic people have the most low self-esteem so me feeling a little sorry for them because they’re on such a lullaby vibration where I’m on a higher one. I’m winning in life in my eyes just giving on that pity helps a bit. It’s my experience. and also, I say this a lot to myself when I’m getting triggered by a narcissist, nasty person if they were happy and they loved you they were in life they wouldn’t try to bring down people why would a happy person do that so it just says that they’re so insecure of themselves that they have to do it to you cause I just so jealous I hope this makes sense. I’m sorry if it’s all over the place warm hugs. 

but I’ll give you the short version really quick keep it by seek start off by noticing your speech to yourself, and how you treat you xxxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance