Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I don't understand the point of the email @Jupiter. I say that I'm safe and that's the end of the discussion, not even a "thanks for replying" or whatever. Great checkbox activity:
- provided crisis number - *check*
- asked if "safe" - *check*
- no reply indicating any further action needs to take place - *can barely complete the check mark before the page is thrown out*

Yes I'm safe, of course I am, just like all the other days when I've thought about this for half of my life. But if I was upset rather than vaguely numb, then being discarded via checklist would be (and has previously been) more distressing.

Hey @TheVorticon 

I'm glad to hear you are safe.

The point of my email is to clarify whether you are safe or not. If you let us know you were not safe, I would work with you to ensure you are not at immediate risk and are connected with appropriate support. 

I understand it can feel like a check list, however it is important that we ask these questions so we understand your circumstances and can better support you to stay safe.

Truly sorry if this situation has added to your distress today. Please take care of yourself.

OK thanks @Jupiter. It's been a while since I received one of these emails so I dunno if mods reply with a "thanks for letting us know" via email now (but no one ever used to, so I'm basing this on previous experience)... But if mods still don't, I think it would improve things a little if they did (for me anyway).

But regardless, all fine today with no extra distress added.

Thanks @TheVorticon 

That's really useful feedback for us to have, as I think the response will depend on the specific moderator's approach. However it is something we could have more consistency around, I hear you.

Take care of yourself.

Existing below is what it feels like. Not really living at all. A few days ago I sensed my being sort of poke up through a layer into a place that was still and peaceful. This place was life. Life were I belonged. I heard you were not created for the below.( Below is where I mostly exist] Exist in turmoil, exist in pain, no laughter. And if there was laughter it was shallow and short. I don't fit into the below place. It is just too sad. So many people hurt with struggles.

How I long to just stay in the upper place. I belong there not here. 

Talking with my cousin and it truly amazing so why isn’t that enough. But i don’t want to be here anymore. Planning a trip to see her and I don’t think I will be here to make down there. 

Hi @Former-Member, I'm happy to hear you have had a lovely conversation with your cousin but I can hear you are still feeling distressed. Im going to send you an email to check in and see how you are travelling tonight. 

I feel like I falling from 20,000 feet, the clouds are moist just like my eyes, the wind is fast just like my heart, the ground is coming and it's going to be hard. 

Anxiety has really set in. I feel a panic attack coming on. Distractions this is my distraction trying to type and concentrate on the words. 
emotional day, feelings of guilty, pain, sadness, grief, FB moments, 

SH is really strong, can't breath, vision goes blurry, no one to catch me if I fall. Is it possible to feel like the darkness has gotten darker? 
I am safe just my thoughts. 

My MH has taken everything from me. It had taken away my degree, all my friends most of my family, it destroyed my marriage, it has taken my job away, my freedom. What more is there to take. 
I have caused people pain and that doesn't sit well with me at all. Guilt is eating me alive and I don't know what to do with that. I am afraid to speak anymore I'm afraid to reach out I'm afraid to speak about what's going on for me. It is the reason I am where I am today with no friends no family because I tried speaking the truth and reaching out. The little family I have left don't know much about what goes on for me and thats why they are still in my life. Better off staying hidden behind my mask. No one gets hurt and I get to keep what little people I have left in my life because loneliness is one of the worst and scariest feelings ever. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance