Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Pain isn't too bad @outlander - has settled a little. Unfortunately the left chest wound is still being problematic and has opened up. So it's back to daily dressings from the community nurses and return to the clinic this Friday.

ah damn it @Sans911 so frustrating for you. its taking its time healing up isn't it.

Yes it is frustrating @outlander but I heard from someone this morning that their sister was in hospital for 8 weeks for similar complications! Thank goodness that wasn't me.

Hey @Sans911 . I have been thinking of you and know that my next op which is similar to what I think you had but not as extensive will be a much slower harder recovery. Thinking of you with the mix of pain and immobility as far as being able to do all the things you physically want to still. I hope you can get on top of the infection soon. The pain does scare me a bit and yesterday my GP said my last op was a walk in the park compared to the next one......so I know how much I’ll have to limit myself to allow it to heal. On Saturday I busted on of my sutures (now a little infected but not bad) weeding and had a big bleed and got reremanded for it, in a good way from my GP. 

I so hope that things pick up for you physically again because it really does affect our mental health too.  

Much love and hugs 💜🤗

oh gosh! @Sans911 im glad it wasn't you too! are your other wounds and incisions healing up ok? is it like a fluid buildup or something that's causing the left chest one to reopen?

I'm pretty much back to full physical activity levels @Teej which includes walking, cleaning my home, etc. Everyone is different with pain and I usually have a high tolerance. However, this surgery really was a doozy for pain levels. That has only settled in the last few weeks. The worst pain I have is from my ribs where they cut a small peice out each side of my sternum to get to the bloood vessels. And I have some mild pain in my left chest which ranges from discomfort to shooting pains. I've no pain from my abdominal wound at all. And the infection I have isn't painful, just annoying. You have to give things time and do the right thing which is rest, take things slowly, carefully. Otherwise it just takes longer.

Yes, the right side is healing nicely; just a little longer and it should be OK. The left side isn't a fluid build up. More the wound edges opened after the stitches came out. It just happened, nothing I did wrong.

All the other wounds are closed and healing OK with a couple of small wounds that are slowly closing. My abdominal wound looks great except for two little holes.

@outlander 💜 💜

That’s good being back to general activities @Sans911 . I have heard from others that it’s not an easy surgery to have but after you heal it’s all good from there. I watched a friend go through the one I’m having twice. It’s not easy for her to sit still so I think she had a lounger healing time and from memory a readmission to hospital for one of them. I’m much more placid so hoping I can find the healing time I need. 

Glad most of them are healing. Just need the left one to behave @Sans911
What a pain. You dont have to get it restitched do you? Youd think the skin wouldve healed enough to not pop back open 😬
💜💜

@Sans911 💜💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance