Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Sans911 

Lots of love and hugs.

Looking out for you hunHeart

@Sans911 thinking of you too and wondering how yesterday went?
❤❤

I'm not sure if this is the right place and way to post this.

my shrink has strongly suggested that I get back into doing the stuff I'm good at. So tonight I'm going to meet with a potential new band. I'm not playing, just meeting drummer, bass, singer. I will see how it goes. I play keys. They are auditioning guitarists.

I haven't played with people for over a year. I feel  very anxious, overwhelmed and tearful. I am struggling. I know they are great people and I can play well.  I'm trying to do it in small steps. Meet first, get a sense of the groove, practice and then play. I am terrified of not keeping it together and they will think I'm crazy.  I leave in half an hour. Worst thing I will just come home. This is a big little step.  WriterMelb

I attended, stayed until the first break. Made some new friends. A small victory.  Great writing this down. It's like a journal in some ways.

Hi @WriterMelb 

I'm sorry i didn't your two posts until this morning. You can write anywhere you like in the forum. No one owns any threads, but often certain members hang out on threads they stsrted. It's like iur little safe corner  of the world.

I'm honoured you came wnd wrote on here though and I'm incredibly proud of you for doing something that was scary, challenging and exciting.

You went, made some new friends and enjoyed yourself. Well done. I really hope that you get to go again & you've possibly teed that up already. I would realky like to hear how it goes.

As you've seen from this thread it is like a journal. It's great to get stuff out. Sometimes I just need to vent, sometimes i want to share and connect, and other times I need support and guidance. It's whatever you want or need it to be.

I hope you are having a good day today. Take care

Hi @Snowie @Sans911 @WriterMelb @outlander @Faith-and-Hope and others (sorry if I forgot to tag you).

Sorry to intrude. I was going to read all of the comments but there's too many, my apologies.

So what's this thread for, what can I and can't I say here? Just curious so I don't break any rules.

No intruding at all. Anyone can say stuff so long as you abide by the rules. I'm still learning my way around. I haven't found how it works with making contact with folk on an ongoing way. For me it's a bit random. It usually helps my mood thou. WriteMelb.

Hi @WriterMelb and

@Former-Member

Welcome to the forums. No need for apologies @Former-Member. Some forum members start a thread or several threads and pretty much that's where they hang out. That's me, and I started this thread. However I most certainly don't own it and anyone is welcome here. I've been here in the forums a couple of years now, and I've developed quite strong connections with a few forum members. That's @outlander  Snowie, Zoe7, Shaz51, Faith & Hope and a few others. So I go over to their threads too, and occasionally I will check out other topics as well. I am hapoy to chat with anyone though.

As long as you stick to the community guidelines you will be ok. Heres a link so that you can have a look

https://bpdfoundation.saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/community-guidelines 

Generally you need to stick to the rules of anonymity so no revealing your exact name or location. You can what state or city you're in but no specifics. And generally you can talk about most things except suicide methods, medication names or doses. I try to be aware and respectful too not to trigger people if they have had things happen but if you're not sure and you want to discuss something important to you just ask what's off limits.

This thread is essentially about the ups and downs of mental illness, the good days and not so good days. The truimphs and losses. I eas diagnosed with BPD, severe depression and anxiety almost 5 years ago. I probably have had BPD most of my life but I'm high functioning. I had depression as a teenager too as well as anorexia & bulimia. I have 2 cats, Jasper & Mr A (as he's known here). My favourite colour is purple and i love sweet foods. I just turbed 50 at the beginning of the month, and I have been employed as a nurse for 20 or so years. I havent been able to work for more than 2 years now but I'm looking for a casual or part time job now.

I hope to hear from you both again. Have a good night

Thanks @WriterMelb , I'm still finding my way around the forums also.

Take care xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance