Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Sorry lil Sis, I've been out to a volunteer games night. I hope you are doing okish, and we'll catch up tomorrow sometime @outlander

Thats ok
A catchup would be nice ❤

Morning lil Sis @outlander.
I have a couple of hours spare before I go to volunteer at the op shop.

Hi sis @Sans911 👋

I read that yesterday was a tough day for you @outlander.

Is today any better? You've not said anything much to me lately. Even if I'm busy I still like to have you share what's happening in your world (if you want to).

When I'm not here I worry about you.

Its not that much better sis. Still all over the place and really emotional over everything yet nothing. Just trying to keep safe and breathe. @Sans911

How are you going?

Can you name those emotions @outlander?
Can you perhaps try a mindfulness exercise that has you looking at your emotions like clouds passing by or leaves in a stream?

I'm sorry things are a little difficult at the moment. Gentle hugs coming your way.

Im doing OK this week. It's been a very busy one. I'm looking forward to a slower week next week.

I have been notice to vacate my house at the beginning of February when my lease expires. So it's time to pack again - groan.

I've started to house hunt, but it's been unsuccessful so far. Some are too small or have no suitable backyard for Mr A. I can't go to a place and lock him inside. It wouldn't be right.

No i cant even name them they are just swirling around like a tornado @Sans911 😞
It like i just start to get them under control and then something else happens and increases the intensity.

It has been a busy week for you, id imagine your feeling abit worn out too... urgh for packing up again and having to find another place that is suitable. Hopefully you find one soon!

That sounds really unsettling. Have you tried any mindfulness exercises, just to try to ride the waves a bit?Would writing in the worry box help maybe?

I'm very tired today. I've struggled to wake up this morning & went bake to sleep twice already. Still feel like I could sleep more. I've only got a week until I head south to my foster sister's town.

@outlander

Ive been using my worry box and also journalling a little like before, watching some movies, work with the horses, riding the exercise bike as the weathers unpredictable with severe storms here atm so not good walking weather, crocheting and cleaning up as well over the past few days but yesterday it seemed to have exploded everywhere. Maybe itll start to diffuse itself now...

I know the things that are causing it at least.

Ive been really tired too even with some more sleep.
How long will you be at your foster sisters town?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance