Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined 

Checking in Bro. Hoping that I have not offended you in the decluttering thread. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Not at all @Former-Member  always appreciate the encouragement 😁

Slowly slowly here at the moment.

Thanks @Determined 👍

Slowly is often all we can do ... 

Having some small concerns about the development of our youngest atm. (4yo).

While not anxious being observant due to S1 and how long it took us to recognise and accept his limitations. 

This is not something I can discuss with darling because... well my head hurts just thinking about the anxiety that would cause, and I do not want to unnecessary make her anxious. 

There have been small things that I have noticed and wondered about including how he engages with others his age.

Well at a music based play group this week that he has been going to since 6 months old. (He sometimes engages in singing and dancing more than others) I was watching other little ones half his age engaging and following instructions while he sat in a corner licking his shoe oblivious to all that was going on around him. 

Also have noticed moreso the gap in communication skills between our s3 and a little 2yo we have had contact with recently. Even S1 noticed that 🥺

A case of alert not alarmed but putting my thoughts down helps to keep the alarmed at bay.    Have an app for s1 this coming week with a ndis provider so will quiz them if darling is not there. 

Checking in @Determined how are you going?

Still day at a time here @Former-Member  while these meds settle. 

Fighting the urge to withdraw emotionally  at the moment. Feeling lonely and rejection a little harder than usual to process. 

Am now on a waiting list for a psychology  counselling service. 

big breath and hugs @Determined Heart

Lovely afternoon and evening on the water but feeling flat as it ended with a BIG meltdown at the boat ramp...  Nothing like getting abused and cursed in front of a large audience. 

We (I) have some very clear and basic safety rules when on or near the water. Don't understand why wanting to keep everyone safe makes me the bad guy ☹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance