Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

End is in sight but still ongoing @Former-Member 

Approaching 12 months since the storm that created the damage and 5 months since restoration work commenced. 

On a seperate issue battle with electricity provider is just beginning to warm up. Contacted the energy ombudsman today after 6 months of trying to find a solution with supplier. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Had a bit of a moment tonight...

There was a news article about mental health week and the quoted stats on mh particually the loss of  loved ones to mental health left me rattled moreso than  usual :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Feeling fragile generally atm 🥴

Been in that spot a few times myself @Determined. 😞
Thinking of you, praying.

Thanks @Smc 

Continuing to think of you and family and pray also. 

We have come so far but the emotions are always so close to the surface. Really feeling for you at the moment @Smc with all you are managing. 

With you both @Determined  @Smc have felt like howling a few times recently too.

Thanks @Determined.

I was talking with another mum yesterday who also has a daughter living in a dangerous space, for different but still MI related reasons. Dunno... I try to get on with day to day life, but every now and then I realise how far away from "normal" things actually are. (And talking to someone else who is trying to make "unreasonable" adjustments for their MI offspring kind of highlights that.)

I was looking around our yard yesterday evening, and mentally listing off what I've been planning to do out there. I don't think any of it sounds unrealistic, but its been unachievable to date. (Not saying that in the sense of "I give up". More in the sense of "Are my plans reasonable?".)

In the context of everyday "normal", a lot of it would have happened a long time ago. I'm aware that at whatever point things change, we'll probably undergo a slowly unfolding shock realisation of how much we're currently weighed down, in all parts of our lives. Probably goes for most of us Sane Forum carers.

I find it best not to plan too far ahead and whilst I have potentially achievable dreams & goals, no matter how small, I don't put time limits on them @Smc  @Determined.

Yes, we do get weighed down at times and I find I need to be honest with myself when this begins to happen. 

@Former-Member, I'm trying to break down the long term goals into achievable "small bites". My shed clearig schedule is one example.
It'll be trickier when it comes to fixing up our house though. A lot of those tasks can't be "small bites", and building related permits have inbuilt time limits... but will cross those bridges when we get there.

@Smc  @Former-Member 

Looking around the yard at all dreams and projects...

That's a bit like what it was like when we left our old home. It has so much potential 🙁

Understand how you both feel. Definatly a common  theme  for carers  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance