Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Gardener came today and took out a tree that was growing through power lines.

Had a lovely day out with a brother & SIL, visited a community garden and had a picnic lunch at a winery that had a rose garden/lake. The cellar door had an assortment of garden books and products; Mr Darcy kindly bought me a couple of Bangon & Ball garden tools that I thought quite desirable. 😀 

very nice my @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

mr shaz said today he is taking me shopping on the weekend -- awwwwwww

have to see what I want xxx

@Appleblossom, @Smc , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

These were an unexpected find @Shaz51 , hope you come across something that you will appreciate.

devorate your own soul-01.jpeg

@Former-Member, my Hubby gave up buying me flowers when he realised the ones I was growing were nicer anyway. He's happy to leave me to pick out my own "plantable flowers" instead. And drive me to assorted nurseries to do so. 🙂

@Smc, that's so cool, better flowers at home 👍
🌷 home grown flowers last longer too
But I have to wonder with men... any excuse lol

@Former-Member, mine is very much a romantic at heart, but we find that deliberately making space for a cuppa together while out on errands can be just as romantically important as the more traditional chockies, flowers and candlelit dinners. 🙂 Not that I'm adverse to chocolate or candles...

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 6.27.13 pm.png

Went to a market today - picked up 3x species geranium (port wine colour) from a plant stall.

A visit to a garden centre in a well known hardware chain resulted in the purchase of 2x plants that had been substantially marked down (and a pot for one of them). 

Back home I did some more weeding, our green bin is now full. 

Have been weeding here too @Former-Member. I think the yeard would now pass fire season inspection. Not with flying colours, but it should be obvious that we've made a good effort...?? Hope to improve on that when we get back from doing likewise at Mum and Dad's house.
Hubby went around and slashed a good part of the yard. There's still some way down the back that needs it, but that's never seemed to draw attention previously. Possibly because it's a bit hazy as to where our back yard ends and the creek reserve begins. (There's no fence between them.)  We will be doing the rest... but I'd consider the parts he's done to be the most urgent.

Ditto my weeding and clearing. I've concentrated on the areas closest to the house. There's a scattering of weeds through the garden beds, and some weedy corners, but the 2-4 metres (varying) from the house is clear and tidy.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance