Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Absolutely stunning @Smc and there is so much artistry involved in crafting a mosaic like that. Have you ever seen the film The Spanish Apartment? It is a french film that was shot in Barcelona, and one of the scenes is filmed at a famous mosaic there. Here is a shot from the movie, and a photo of the spot for reference Heart

lauberge-espagnole barcelona.jpgb5caec_6a52a3c39bdf496bb4cddfa5c7794dfa.jpg

I canโ€™t see the pic yet @Smc  looking forward to it when it comes through.

I haven't seen the movie, but the mosaics and structures are Antoni Gaudi's work. He was an architect working in Barcelona from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. That particular site is Park Guell. Both his architectural style and mosaic decorations were very ahead of his time, and people either loved or hated it. (Still the case, I suspect.) I fall into the "love" category. ๐Ÿ™‚ If you google him, you will find heaps of examples of his work.

His masterwork, the Sagrada Familia church (cathedral...) is still under construction, and its expected finish date is around 2030, which will be a bit over 100 years after his death. He used unconventional geometry in the design of his buildings. Built to his plans, they were very structurally stable, but when other architects tried to alter his plans into something more conventional. it wasn't always successful. There was at least one that actually collapsed due to the changes made by another architect.

ls3917_22_sagrada_gi_187268381.jpg

I find some mosaics a bit too much @Maggie @Ali11  @Smc  

Saw some really lovely simple ones that looked lovely.

images.jpg

I like the way the inside of this water feature has been mosaicked but not the outside.

images.jpg

@Former-Member, I drool over Gaudi's and other similar mosaics, but if it's something I'm actually going to live with, I'm more likely to do a mosaic border among plain tiles, or square feature sections among brick paving. This kind of thing, but more individual, and a bit more colourful. ๐Ÿ˜„

mimages.jpg

I need to come back for images that are not up yet ..... but ๐Ÿ’• LOVE ๐Ÿ’• mosaic ..... 

Finally had a dry day here and got our final mow done with both our mowers having problems - stressing Mr Darcy. One mower ready for the tip, the other I think we will leave here (new owner was amenable to this).  A friend came and got some plant divisions, lovely to be able to share.

Leaking fuel problem turned out to be cap not on properly.

@Former-Member  very frustrating. Hope itโ€™s done now.

@Smc  Amazing, amazing amazing, what more can I say. Iโ€™m at the stage of the pics @Former-Member  put up, or at least trying.  @Faith-and-Hope  Iโ€™m not suprised  you like mosaics.

@Maggie 

Mr Darcy + lawnmowers = ๐Ÿ˜ต

download (34).jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance