Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Professional help for childhood sexual abuse

Hi everyone 

@Zoe7 @utopia @outlander@Shaz51@Owlunar@Former-Member@Razzle and others reading this:

As some of you already know I was sexually abused as a child between the ages of 9-12. Three perpetrators (neighbour, uncle snd brother) all at different times snd age. 

While in my session with my psychologist on Tuesday she asked if I had been in touch with CASA or SECASA They are an organisation that help victims with support snd counselling. 

I called them yesterday snd was put I touch with a intake officer. She asked lots of questions relating to the abuse and said she will pass this on to her manager who will call me to make an appt. I can have ongoing counselling for free and the person I will see is only 10 mins from home. She also recommended that I stsy eith my psychologist and work on other issues. 

Has anyone dealt with CASA before? Or had any professional help that deals specifically with childhood abuse?

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Professional help for childhood sexual abuse

Hello Forum Members,

Please feel more than free to share your personal experiences with organizations that deal with childhood sexual abuse, so @BlueBay can consider her own options in receiving the support she needs. However, please be mindful of the SANE Forum Community Guidelines around defamation, here.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Thankyou @Amour_Et_Psyché 

Hi dear @BlueBay

Thanks for tagging me into your new thread, and good on you for bringing this to the attention of others who may benefit from the subject matter.

Unfortunately I am not able to help with any personal dealings with CASA and nor have I had any professional help related to childhood abuse.  Sorry .......  xx

But I am very pleased that you have been put in touch with them for ongoing much needed counselling.  And for free .. even better.  Presumably for as many sessions as you feel you need?  Thats very reassuring news indeed. How convenient that its only a 10 minute drive from your home.  

I'm happy for you BlueBay, and I so hope this will enable you to turn things around for the better. I cannot even start to  imagine what you went through as a young child being abused over a long period of time. The resulting damage is not something that will go away, but my hope for you is that you learn how to deal with it better.  And that it enables you to lead a happier healthier and more productive life through coping methods which work for you.

Sorry I am of no help to you BlueBay.

Sherry  Heart

Thankyou @Former-Member for your reply. 

I know I need extra help in this year. It just makes me sngry because I’m in my 9th year of fortnightly therapy snd the past psychs snd psychologists never ever mentioned SECASA. I have spent thousands of dollars and feel like I’ve wasted so many years. 

I just pray and hope that I can eventually put the abuse past behind me to be able to live a better life. 

I have so much anger in me reg the perpetrators. 

I know you haven’t used SECASA or CASA but just being here helps me. 

Thankyou @Former-Member xxx

take care I know you’ve been through a lot too. ❤️❤️

@BlueBay. I have dealt with CASA in a professional manner, as they used to work in the same building as me. I always found them to be professional and empathetic. I don't think you can go wrong having an appointment with a CASA worker.

Thank you @utopia it’s nice to know that. I’ll let you know when I see someone how it goes. They did say it won’t be till January. Xx

@utopia I often think of you even though I don’t reply. I hope you’re ok. ❤️❤️

@BlueBayI think it is great that you can get targeted counselling sessions for free.

I know what it is like to have spent so much money on counselling.  

Wishing you the best with it all.

Heart

Thankyou so much @Appleblossom xx

Hi @BlueBay and everyone else,

Just wondering if they are Australia wide as it sounds like something I could look into

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance