Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Hi everyone. No one quite understands this life unless they’re experiencing it themselves. Thankful to connect w ppl who do. xx

That is so true @CLA 

Welcome! 😀💗

Hello all,

Just a quick note as you are all in my thoughts tonight. Sending love and strength to you all. I know they are only words but are my words 😃 

Mrs Jones 

Thank you @Mrsjones ... they may only be words, but they are important words and they mean a lot to many of us. For some, that may be all we have.  I thank you for your thoughts.  And return them to you in gratitude.

Sherry 

Hello and welcome @CLA  .... 👋

Hi to everyone else around. Heading to bed now tho, cos I am struggling to stay awake. G'night .... 

Just venting here as I know you are great listeners and totally understand. 
Feeling so tired at having to be the strong one during the pandemic. I have done as much as I can to protect hubby from the virus.  Basically he doesn't have to leave the house. He's happy being a recluse. I'm still walking on eggshells to keep him mentally stable. Anytime I might feel joy (we were involved in a virtual wedding today) or vulnerable, he manages to drag me down to his pit of despair and unhappiness. I know he is mentally unwell which is now exaserbated by the pandemic but will the rest of my life be this existence? Will I ever be allowed to be the vulnerable one or feel joy and fun without taking life as seriously depressing as he does? I'm ok though just venting. I wouldn't even know how to leave if i wanted. I've never been a quitter. 
I hope you are all well and staying safe xx

@Scoo have things improved at all?  Misery seems to love company

How are things going at your places @Mrsjones  @CLA  @Jay-e  @kaygee 

Hi @Former-Member 

Hubby remains up and down. He starts counselling this month. 
Thanks for asking xx

Oh my goodness @Scoo , you have really hit the nail on the head. I feel exactly the same way. I think and feel this way all the time about Mr Jones. It's even worse the other way around, not just happiness but when I'm sad and upset about something. 

If I've had a bad day and I'm telling him about it his like 'yeh, me too... I had a shit day too'.'

I'm just like aagghhh.... let me have it for once.

It's exhausting. 

Mr Jones had a really bad day today, his been on the downward slope for a few days but today saw a big increase in suicide ideation and drinking (was 8 weeks sober). When talking it through tonight he just kept saying 'its not about you, stop making it about you' I'm thinking.... wow, trust me it's never about me. it's all about him all the time. It seems like we talk about me but that's only because I'm the only one talking about how I feel.

I am feeling the same way as @Scoo , is this life now. Mr Jones has hit another rapid cycle, every 8-10 weeks like clock work. 

Can someone please tell me Bipolar type 2 can be managed? 

I keep telling him it can and it's about the right mix of medications but am I kidding myself? 

Tonight... I'm really struggling. 

Thank you for the tag @Former-Member I need TO make sure I am connected here weekly/ daily as I need this more than ever these days. 

How is everyone else? 

Hi there @Mrsjones 

I am Whitehawk, the moderator this evening.  I am so sorry that you are really struggling and I am also concerned about Mr Jones. It sounds like he may be at great risk of suicide. If you are worried about his safety please do not hesitate to ring emergency services on 000.

There are also 24/7 help lines that you can seek support from especially Lifeline 13 11 14 and Suicide Call Back on 1300 659 467.

Are you able to get support for yourself too during this tough time? I really encourage you to reach out both on the forums and off the forums for support tonight.

Take Care

Whitehawk

take care

Whitehawk

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance