Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

hello @Maggie 

had to laugh at the getting caught out at peaking through a crack in the fence...

would love to know how they respond to that one...

starting with a bottle brush in one corner is a good start as you say bird attracting..

oddly enough we have exactly the same in a corner...next to my beautiful soul cat...

there is much dirt and retaining wall stuff going on along with other hard work and more dirt...

no matter today was pack up ready for removalists tomorrow early start...

no matter again as I have not slept for over a week...

last night got up and went into lounge at about 2pm after tossing and turning for about half an hour..

then time watching on mobile...ridiculous...

one cat sleeping nearby...I ended up finding burrs in her tail and sat up delicately removing them at some ungodly hour..

finally at about 4.30-4.45am I thought enough...had already done a full range of stretching...got up...breakfast...then on keep it up mode and now it is 1.00am and still up...

husband said check emails before he closes computer down..

hmm. not quite emails...had to see how some of you at least are getting on...

so will meet you by the bottle brush...mine is a black coffee...cereal...how about yourself?

take care 💚

Re: Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

Hello @Exoplanet 

I am sure that I did respond to your latest adventures...beach...cabin and greenery...what more could you want..

please keep on tagging me even if I do take a while to respond...

I do love reading up on your latest adventures...

I think that a visit from your daughter is coming up??

speak soon

💚

Hello @eth 

Yes I do remember you living in a cabin nearby to your brother and his wife..

the garden sounds wonderful...

I can't wait...need to be patient..

much to do before I get to that stage..

💚

Hello @Meowmy 

I am not sure if I have read about your story that is if you have mentioned anything before.

I read between the lines that you are very drained and quite weary...

caring for another is extremely exhausting ...even more so if there is not much appreciation...more expectation...

The corner that you have created does sound creative...at the same time hard to read that you feel unsafe to go outside.

It does sound as though you have a very tiresome living situation...

I hope that you have found some people on the forums with whom you can relate...

Do you post on the Carer side of the forums as that is the role that you have which comes across to me..?

Life comes up with some trying challenges..putting it mildly..

Continue to stay in touch with the forums as if you are not going out...having communication of any kind is a start for you to find yourself..

take care 💜

I’ll respond properly later @Sophia1 . I just want to send my best wishes for the moving today. It’s  humungus, so gently if you can. Lots of these 💙💙💙💙💙 and these

@Sophia1 thank you for kind message. It is hard for me. But it is still going day to day. Take care.

Thankyou for including me also @Sophia1 

in the afternoon , i love to sit out the front in my camp chair in the shade Heart

Hi @Sophia1

Thanks.

Good to hear from you.

I will try to get back into forum posting (writing & replying) - as soon as I've overcome some strong triggers, from recent interactions (replies).

Not from you, or anything you said.

In keeping with this thread theme - I have been spending a little more time outside, to watch my lovely baby birds & canaries, etc.

I have quite some way to go, before outside (my back or front yard) feels like my own space again.

Interestingly, I have been playing classical music at night - when the Boom Boom (neighbours speakers) is too loud for me to be able to get to sleep. I wear ear plugs, yet can still easily hear it.

It doesn't really mask the noise, but it is soothing & nice to listen to (compared to boom boom).

That's all I can manage to write now - will try again another time (when more energetic & functional).

Smiley Very HappyAdge

All the very best with (for) your moving @Sophia1

Yes it is a burdensome tiring business (process).

I haven't moved in nearly 18 years - after moving many times before that.

Gee I really have been living in this old house that long....

Adge

Hope the move went off smoothly @Sophia1  and that you've had some rest since.

Take care x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance