Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

@Sophia1 hope you have a good day. Take care

Re: Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

Hi @Sophia1 and good morning xx  What a lovely idea for a thread.  Sitting outside is so healthy for us.  I'm lucky enough to have my cabin in my bro and sil's back yard which is lush with a massive old avocado tree (which my cabin is under) and lots of other trees they planted.  They also own the block next door and we have a fairly large vegie garden there - I usually go over and sit there for 5-10 minutes several times a day.  But even in my cabin there is a whole wall of glass panels down one long side so even sitting here on the computer I look out over our lovely garden and have planted a few pots of flowering plants at my doorstep.  So good for the mental health.  So much better than where I was before I came here, when I had similar issues to you @Adge  with a tiny courtyard and dreadful neighbours all around it.

Hope you are doing well @Sophia1  and good morning to others here @Meowmy @Flying_Hams @BlueBay @greenpea  and anyone I've missed.

Take care all xx

Hello  @Sophia1 🙂

I've got a lot of spots, like favourite logs in shady areas that catch the breeze 🙂 Mainly out the back yard; even though I'm placed well in my 20 acres, it always still feels more private out the back, I guess I feel there's even less chance of someone approaching? 

OOoo the joy of fear about moving into your new home, finding out what things you'll love about it & what things may annoy you about it . . . finding out what 'home' is going to feel like 🙂 Heart I think a nice table & chairs, set up in a nice spot is a good start 😉 Though all my outside chairs have fallen apart & I now use my camp recliner; & I have shade cloth up in such a manner over my outdoor table, that you can't actually sit at it 😄 Unlike poor Adge, I have no neighbours that I can see, I can hear the highway on occasions, but mostly it's bird song & silence 🙂 They're things I love about my home, the heat annoys me . . . as do the bugs that come with it! 😉 

Lots of love to you Sophia1 HeartHeartHeart {p.s. I put some photos of my last trip on my Expose, feel free to have a look 🙂 }

@Sophia1 hey Sophia, I am not an out door person. I have an area in the house where I look after my old mother. I put a grass green blanket over the carpet. with drapes to one side. Then there is a meditation cushion along the green wall. Then there is a quilt lining the grass green blanket. The windows are high and light and the moon come in daily. I spend a lot of time resting there. Let the sadness wash over me. Sometimes I feel so alone there. So I made a soft toy to hold on to. It is an area where I feel safe

This is a really nice thread and idea @Sophia1 , i've really enjoyed yours and everyones ideas 🙂  

Hello all 

I will come back to this thread later today.

I need a rest now I had so much fun at greenpea's belated birthday that I organised myself.

I am not even sure if the party girl was still awake..

I want to say hello to some new people and welcome back others as I have not been around that much.

💛💛💛

@Sophia1 @Gazza75 @Exoplanet @eth @Flying_Hams It is the afternoon. I am in my resting corner. Sadness wash over me. Mum old and demanding downstairs.The high windows still blue with light. Those birds and car sounds far and near. I am here resting. I feel like sinking inside me. The day light will fade 8n time. Another day will be over. This is my corner. Where I can get a hit of rest

Heart @Meowmy @Sophia1  xx

Hello @Zoe7 

your special place in your garden sounds beautiful...

I love the sound of the design that you described..

also I must add that it is nice to read that I helped your day improve...

something that we often do not realise or acknowledge,.,.so thank you..

You do sound quite drained Zoe and I am thinking perhaps returning to work after quite a long period off would be exhausting for anyone..

As you would say to others, remind yourself of how far you have come, you are allowed to feel tired and yes one that I need to remind myself frequently..."be kind to yourself".

💚

Hello @Adge 

Some people in this world have no concept of respecting another person's feelings..

It is not only about respect...manners and general consideration ...

well I would be thinking playing Phantom of the Opera turned up high....

I realise that this is not setting a good example, rising above their standards as I normally would spout...

sometimes ...yes even I am learning...one just has to match or even beat them at their own game...

Also some dog owners ,,,,pet owners in my book...have no respect for cats..

some people are just not nice at all are they @Adge 

broken tooth.,....ouch...painful..

hopefully you are on the mend...have some very good earphones and enjoying listening to whatever you love belting out at full blast....

They do not sound as though they are the type of person who would listen to reason...compromise...

good luck with whatever you choose to do..

💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance