Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

@Sophia1  sleeping to much is probably worse. What gets to me is having nothing to work on while awake. However I'm noticing more and more that there's always something to do or to work on . But in saying this ... I've also gotta have a good foundation to build upon... otherwise everything crumbles...

@eudemonism  hello there

noticing more and more that there is always something to do is a very healthy sign..

perhaps this is at times when you have more motivation...or energy which comes with a lift from depression for some people..

This happens with me..

It is incredible really how strong our minds are..that we can be so very very low then lift ourselves out of it...

foundations can always be rebuilt...restarted..

I notice more and more each day that life is just spinning past me and I am not  going to allow this

dreaded mind stuff to totally consume me..

I do a couple of things to help myself..

I think of something that always makes me smile..

I go outside and look at nature..that is the real world to me..

earthlings are still trying to work it out when most of them are still messing it up..

you have already started rebuilding your foundation in writing about what you are noticing..

🐾

morning @Sophia1 just popping in to let you know im thinking of you 🧡💙

hello young lady

you are back @outlander 

I have seen a couple of your messages 

I did not realise surgery was about your teeth..

hopefully the swelling settles sooner than later..

of course I have to say to you...slow down...the world will still keep on spinning...allowing you some much deserved time off..

of course you are going to read what I have said...thank me

and then do the opposite..

laugh..

reminds me of when I give these little speeches to my family...

take care 💜

ps @outlander 

have to log out as have appointment in less than 15 minutes!!  😊

@Sophia1 😏😏
I am back now yeah. turned out bigger then first anticipated but it is what it is hey. ive slowed down a lot. I don't really have much planned for the next 2 weeks at least except for a few appointments but scattered out. I still have to take care of pop though but its even thougher then usual. I don't have a lot of energy anyway, still early days of recovery and other contributing factors so movies and easy going things sounds like a good plan. Im making a cake today though for a close family members birthday. I cant eat it but said id have a milkshake with them later on while they had that.

good luck with your appointment, might catch up with you a little later 💜💜

@Sophia1  yea I'm worried my mum may have been mislead in her beliefs. But not to a degree that cannot be rectified . It's tested my patience and manner many times. But I'll always have hope that she learns and changes. Might i add. For nobodies benefits but her own. 

I am pleased to hear that you are slowing down @outlander 

I know that I always rabbit on about putting yourself first.

I still believe that you do a wonderful job for your family and I know that your pop would love you so very much for who you are.

He might behave and react differently at times.

The real pop that you love is still there.

I do hope that backup help,  support is there for you if you need sudden assistance with your pop's situation.

enjoy your films and blanket making

I just watched a whole series on netflix with Toni Collette in yesterday as I have come down with the same blasted virus again. Third time within six months. Culprit relative of husband who has it back again herself and passed it over to me when her and partner came for dinner other night.

I loved the series but have to say staring at a screen for all of that amount of time did my head in.

Nevertheless we do what we must do and recover.

So take care, heal and stay strong

love Sophia 💛

Hello @eudemonism 

Sorry to hear that you have concerns about your mum's beliefs.

It is painful at times when we wish that our mum's responded to us or behaved differently.

My mum is 93 now and I can tell you that she is not going to change. We both have similar ethics and values in life. 

Demonstrating love and affection, expressing feelings is where we differ.

She is stoic, strong willed, obstinate at times but loves her family. 

Mum always found it difficult to talk about my symptoms of an unwell mind..out of mind out of sight sort of thing..

I forgive her now as I know that she loved me in her way.

I am not sure if you have heard of the expression: being a parent is the hardest job in the world.

Some people struggle to express themselves or have a discussion with their family.

Some people sadly should not have families.

Whatever the situation is with you, I do hope that you have some happy moments spent with your mum that you can recall.

I also want to say that I love to read that you hope that she can learn and change for her own benefit.

Said from a loving son Eude.

Hold onto that.

Sophia 💚

evening @Sophia1 Heart
im sorry to hear about your virus again. I do hope you feel better soon. maybe some immunity booster multivitamins would help your body to recover and keep those viruses away.

I didn't make any blankets, today turned out to be abit busier and pop was just to draining. I seem to run out of energy very quickly since the op. even a short walk and I feel tired.
maybe buy some colouring in books or word search or other puzzles to do while your sick? I don't normally sit around for long so I break it up by doing short tasks or changing it up abit like crochet or word search or something else just till I get bored.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance