Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

hello @eudemonism @greenpea 

and well anyone else who wants to be part of the conversation..

what is life is the question?

so many different expertations ...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

for me I have realised that it is not about my mind holding me back it is about my mind pushing me forward..'

medications complicate our efforts..

so let us work with them not against them..

then we can reduce them and be us..

what do you think?

@Sophia1 Hey Sophia1 I will have to get back to you on this as my meds which have mucked up my sleep have now got me tired again and I will have to take another cat nap whilst I think about your question. Hope you are well my friend. Love peaxxx

just chill about my question..

I have always driven people mad with my questions...so in your own time

anxiety free is my goal

let us all work toward this goal.

💚

@Sophia1  What is life....... a big question. 

It it can be a jig saw. Finding the right pieces to fit in the right places, ending with a completed puzzle. Unfortunately for me, many pieces are either missing, or hidden, so, it’s searching for those, and hopefully making sense of the bigger picture....and where I fit into life, but feeling more like a piece in the wrong place mostly.

@Sophia1 @eudemonism @Maggie @ 'what is life?' is such a Huge question .... I am a spiritual person and believe it is a stepping stone onto something else once we have passed on. Dying no longer scares me. I remember a 'dream' I had of my grandmother where she hugged me it was so physical I felt her embrace and started to cry. I woke up sobbing..... you know when you have those 'dreams' of people who have passed on which you know are more than a normal dream. They are a visit from people passed on to say their final goodbyes.

So for me this life I am living now is a journey to the next adventure whatever that ends up being.  As for medications I suppose for me I wonder if they are altering my ability to fully experience this life. In other words blocking its ability to make this life special for me. Will I still be able to have my special dreams when someone close passes .... are my medications just making life ordinary .... pedestrian for me?

I have been rambling .... I miss my old self in many ways but understand that I couldnt function at all with out my meds .... it would be great to have a happy medium somewhere. Love pea

@Sophia1 @greenpea 

I've woken up and spewed the last two mornings. I'm feeling that I'm suffering but i can't work out and pin point the exact causes of my suffering . I actually come up with a list of things when i think about the causes of my suffering . I'm definitely not at peace or comfortable with it that's for sure . And there's definitely not alot i can do about it. . It's very frustrating to say the least ... but yea i get what you're saying sophia. 

hope that you are feeling better @eudemonism 

not pleasant throwing up at any time..

first thing when you wake up is not a good sign..

if it continues a visit to the doctors...

my sleeping pattern has been a mess for a while again now..

I changed the stronger sleeping tablet to a more natural one which works sometimes but I awaken easily at any sound so am building up  a sleep debt again..

my doctor has told me that not getting proper sleep has a huge impact on our mind health..

having symptoms from your medications on top of that is the pits..

I know that very short naps as in 20 minutes or less are supposed to be helpful ..haven't helped me though..

if I allow myself to fall asleep in the day I cannot get to sleep at all at night..

last night I could not sleep hence up late on here..

today I am very weary and cannot wait for tonight to come so that I can hopefully get some sleep

I hope that you all have  a better night sleep tonight also..

@Sophia1  yea a nurse once said to me. There's a massive misconception when it comes to what is normal and what isn't regards sleep. 

@eudemonism wrote:

@Sophia1  yea a nurse once said to me. There's a massive misconception when it comes to what is normal and what isn't regards sleep. 

So very true Eude

@eudemonism I think as you get older you need less sleep..or so some research states..

what amount less is depends on how active a person is..apparently..

we all still need to have solid blocks of sleep..in particular when we need to rest overactive minds..

agree misconception re sleep..

hope that you managed to get some sleep last night.

😴😴😴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance