Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hey @Sophia1
🙂

@Shaz51  Hey Shazola! 🙂 How has you day been?

@Sophia1  Hey Sophia1 my dear friend who goes through so much with grace and dignity. Who I remember everytime I see a cow. (private joke everyone :)) Love peaxxx

Dear @greenpea 

Sorry had to edit ...did not make sense..hoping it reads better now..

I found some different cows today whilst visiting the area where my son is building his home...I took some photographs in the rain..

this land will eventually be sold...

son and I want to hide the cows .....somehow I think they will be noticed...missing at first...rather obvious in the back garden mooing later on...

he is so like me in many ways and loves cows too.

I have to wait until husband shows me how to download them as he has rebuilt the hard drive bit and I cannot fit the cord in to download the pictures..

techno stuff..

There was also a mother duck with three young ones on the road...so I slowed down carefully and saw them safely disappear into the bushes...

We have ducks where we are building also...

Do you have any animals nearby or any pets ?  I cannot remember if you have mentioned this before or I might have missed reading it..

take care dear pea

love Sophia 💚

green heart for a lovely green pea..xx

@Sophia1 ❤❤❤❤

@Sophia1 Hey Sophia1 great hearing from you :D:D:D:D! Cannot wait to see and show the cows to son2:) very thoughtful of you to think of me like you do everytime you see cows.  I know what you mean re hiding the cows.... at son2's high school there was a pig in the ag section.  Son2 loved that pig. Then one day pig was gone and son2 isnt stupid he knew .... he came home so upset. I rang up the school saying I would take pig and pig was already at the slaughter house ..... still upsets son2 to this day.

We have a very spoilt rabbit . He sits by my chair most mornings while I am on the computer. He is toilet trained but still gets up to mischief like Peter rabbit from the story of 'The tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter' :). Love peaxxx

Peter Rabbit : Potter Shaped Board Book - Beatrix Potter

so hard to deal with @greenpea when noticing that animals are no longer around..

I have found myself upset many times even as an adult..associating with farmers where animals .have a working purpose..including putting food on the table..stems from way back..

I still don't want to know...

I do understand completely how your son felt and yes that is intelligence..perception..

my family member is similar..

Beatrix Potter has a strong meaning for me. I read many of her books to my boys..My dad used to collect some figurines for his grandchildren..

We had a pet rabbit when we were in our early  teens that someone stole...very distressing...

enjoy your day precious pea...

love Sophia 💚.

Hello @outlander 

Your surgery appointment is nearly here...

I do hope that you have  some rest between now and then.

I found myself thinking about the time after the surgery before I went in...that helped for me..

wishing you a comfortable, stress-free recovery from your normal every day...allowing you time to recover..

take care

love Sophia 💛

afternoon @Sophia1
it is very close now. tomorrows the last full day at home. ive gotten most of what I needed done just need to get the bathroom, change sheets and just a general tidy up. also the kids have been pestering me to ride their horses so said a small one tomorrow. packing is also tomorrow as clothes will be dry. then Wednesday morning pops dr, a few groceries as that's payday then leave to travel to the hospital area.
but once everything sorted here when I come home I wont have to do much so can rest a lot.

Hi @Sophia1  regards depression . I researched stinging nettles and their sting. And apparently they inject bits of serotonin into via really small needles on their leaves. Hence why it stings when you touch them . So this year when i done my weeding i kept it in mind . May be something there or maybe not something there. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance