Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

You are one very organised person @outlander 

dare I say overworked..

however, you are not me, you are also much younger than I am.

When I was your age I later realised that I was used as a door mat..

I lived in some sort of haze and assumed that it was my purpose to be there for others..even as far as listening to their  every word..no matter how boring or negative..

What I mean to say is that you are the only one who can work out what is best for you..

so on that note ....do not rush on the day.,...drive carefully...

don 't forget to breathe..

then before you know it you will be waking up and it will all be over..

will be thinking of you and wishing the best for you

love Sophia xx

That is an interesting concept.

@eudemonism 

might come under the field of herbalism..

I would say from a different culture.

I used to know a Greek lady who cooked stinging nettles for their healing purpose..

I would suggest you investigate further before trying anything with them as apart from the obvious stinging you might have an adverse reaction..

certainly an interesting concept to look deeper into..

💚

@Sophia1 i relate to alot of your post. Ill slowly work on myself just have to get through tomorrow and recovery. Ive got someone to take me and pick me up and also i have paid for a carer as well to look after me overnight
Thinking of you lots 💜

@Sophia1  apparently the olden day folks would sting themselves with them to warm up. 

that does make me feel better reading about the carer being there to look after you overnight..

@outlander 

it does not matter what I feel anyway as this is not about me..

this is about you...all of you...

everything you have done and all of the many many times you have been there for others..

all of the times that you have been unwell but stepped up because others have not..

you are aware of all of this.,.,

I just want to remind you just in case that irritable emotion, guilt decides to try and take over some of your thinking ...

Usually the ones who feel guilty are the ones who care so much ....not the ones who walk away..

so rest up in hospital and at home..

thinking of you and wishing you a safe recovery..

love Sophia 💜

😁🤣😊

@eudemonism 

you could be onto something there..stinging nettles for warmth

@eudemonism wrote:

@Sophia1  apparently the olden day folks would sting themselves with them to warm up. 

it would certainly cut down your electricity bill..

forget installing costly solar panels...

grow stinging nettles ..

what are your thoughts on this subject @greenpea ?

@Sophia1  Hey Sophia1 and @eudemonism  and @outlander  love to all :D. I currently have son2 standing over me so my conversation will have to be short Smiley Frustrated. Thinking of you outlander and wishing you well on your operation :). It will all go well I am sure and the results will definately be worth it :D. As for stinging nettles to keep yourself warm wow! I would have to be very cold to consider taking that course of action lol.

We live in a very cold house with no insulation which faces west so it is cold during the winter and really hot during the summer. We rug up like eskimos during the cold months and have fans going non stop during spring, summer and autumn. If I had to choose a month I liked best it would be winter as you can always rug up against the  cold.

@greenpea @Sophia1 

I'm tired of dealing with sleeping problems . It gets to me aye! And just going from one substance to another, to get through every day... and from what i can tell... medication is fuelling all of it ... not happy at all! 

@eudemonism  I agree eudemonism I sleep so much and it is all out of whack (during the day)  and it is all medication induced. I hate it too. I dont know what the answer is to be honest just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. peax

@greenpea  yea getting on with life is where i wanna be... like many others i suppose...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance