Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I thought the same thing! @CheerBear
@Faith-and-Hope 👍🍋

@CheerBear , @Faith-and-Hope  and anyone around. I have a job provider appointment in an hour. They keep telling me I have to turn up and there is no medical certificate. I tried centrelink today three times and was hung up on. I rang the centrelink social worker who cleared my certificate but the jp has said I still need to go. I have decided they have a black mark against my name. What do I do? Centrelink told me it was all ok and I don’t need to attend.  I have a psych appointment soon that I need to prepare for. This is doing my head in and throwing me into emotional chaos. I need to go to this psych appointment half human. 

Is it “ticking a box” to turn up @Teej ?

It might be co-incidental that the three hang-ups have occurred.

Can you call in sick, because it is making you feel sick to be caught in the midst of conflicting information, with nobody helping you to sort it out properly.  That’s not a reasonable thing to be happening .....

No @Faith-and-Hope  I think they want my blood. They are thinking I’m just avoiding dealing with them which I am but for good reason. Trust me my psych wouldn’t write a medical certificate if she thought differently. I would have a half hour interview to make a job plan. 

Can you call your psych for advice @Teej ?

Not able to do that @Faith-and-Hope.  Never mind. I was doing ok for me getting through stuff but this is my nemesis. 

Sorry for whingy whiny teej @Faith-and-Hope @Thanks for responding. 

Whinging can help @Teej  ..... we need to have a voice in things, and this is one way of doing it.

Hugs 💜

lots of hugs @Teej Heart

hello @Faith-and-Hope , @outlander , @CheerBear , @Maggie 

Been thinking about you @CheerBear  and your situation in full problem solving mode. Here’s what I came up with. 

Plan A Can you take two littles out of school for a few days and take to unwell ones house to have respite at home with a big. Big sounds like is independent. Maybe they could cook you a tea. I’m a big believer that school isn’t essential every day. Mine always missed one or two weeks a yr to visit their father. It was fine. I also gave mh days occasionally. 

Plan B would a little be ok at unwells house for a couple of days and the other find a friends house they can stay at. 

It sounds very much like you need respite. For me in the past when I had short stay respite (2 nights hospital) it helped. Just not having to consider two for a few days would help I’m sure. A big can help out in the caring role for a bit. They need to learn self care too and it would be a great way to role model that everyone needs a break and self care. Just my problem solving in overdrive. 

I have a crazy busy afternoon again. It’s all systems go with property settlement and we need to draw up the consent orders. Have appointment this afternoon. 

And yesterday @Faith-and-Hope I couldn’t face the job provider. I’m yet to see what will happen. My psychiatrist was brilliant and will have my back for this. I am looking into changing job providers because I need one who knows me, who has my back and can work with me. My experiences so far have been far from that. Thank you for being a sounding board as I was sufficiently freaking out. I had glimpses of sh urges but got through. So grateful I had psych appointment yesterday afternoon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance