Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Just a quick check in. I crashed for a few hours last night not long after posting but then had a night of being awake with a few naps here and there. Today I feel ok and hoping that will last. 

I think my psych was dumbfounded by my reactions to everything. Having it written to hand to her helped. I’m no closer to understanding what is what with hormones, meds, and just my reactivity. 

Today feels like a rebuild day. My son wants to do family dinner tonight as he cancelled Tuesday nights when I didn’t go. I didn’t want him to cancel as I want them all to still get together when I’m not around but he did. 

Im supposed to see my therapist and probably will but feel like I’ve been through the ringer yesterday. 

I have so little energy but need to try and work out how to begin again. 

Hugs to all 💜🤗

Hugs back @Teej  .... hopefully you can sit and just “be” st the family dinner tonight Hon 😘💕💋

^ same from me @Teej. You're sounding a little more OK today (from here anyway) and it's good to hear you're feeling a bit of it too.

Hope therapist (if you go) and dinner go well ❤

🤜🤛 👋 @TheVorticon 

Take care of yourself @Teej
Sounds like you are going through some stuff. Sometimes psychs can underestimate or overestimate us I find. Don't be too down because of it.

Hi all,

I’m so flipping tired 😑. I want to right a heap but I think my brain will buzz out. Last nights family tea was really nice and I actually enjoyed myself and managed to stay in the moment. (I did take an adhd med before I went because as I was getting dressed it took me four goes to work out how to put my bra on....don’t ask 😳...... it took a monumental amount of concentrating to drive there). 

I have had lots of members on my mind and things to respond to. In order to get some thing written and posted I’m doing it here in one go. I’m not needing responses, it’s just me thinking of you.

@Sans911 well done with uni stuff. I know you are having a bit of a struggle finding that life worth living stuff just now, truth be told so am I but I’m proud that you keep plodding on putting one foot infront of the other. I have faith it will get better for you eventually.

@Maggie i saw your worryroom post. I hope that the accommodation thing works out. Was thinking of you so much for that one as it seems to be something that’s happened too much. You deserve to have a stable place to call home. 

@Flying_Hams good job getting through the interview 🤞🏻 for you

@TAB i tried to post something on your thread about your new quit smoking milestone. Good job you. That app looks like it’s a really handy one. 

@Snowie i have composed a few posts in my head to you over the past few days. I looked for a quote or something to help but found that frustrating as nothing resonated. In my few words you have been on my mind. I can see how hard it is just getting through each day. You deserve the support of everyone here. It’s what we do. I know individually it gets tricky supporting everyone but collectively we can do it. You have team snowie here who want to support you even if it’s the same thing all the time (I had my time doing that on here and can’t believe how I was still so supported for so long). one day it might not be as hard and we will all know how hard it’s been and how hard you had to hold onto every hour and every day and night. And the journey shared is a pretty amazing thing. 

Hugs to all 💜🤗

@Teej  Cat Happy thanks for the mention Smiley Happy nice to read your post

Thanks for the mention @Teej. Nice to see and hear from you.

@Teej  I appreciate the effort it’s taken to post this. Thank you for your thoughts, they do mean so much. I too hope something turns up soon, 4 moves in 3 years, I’m over it. Lots of these for you.❤️💕💕

ohhhhhhhhh @Teej  hugs my awesome friend HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance