Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

@TeejOne thing at a time. Try to get organized before your surgery. When is your surgery?

I’m not sure @oceangirl . There are two potential surgeries coming up. I have appointments for both early June so I guess I’ll find out then more about what is realistic. I’m hoping both this year (in the next 6 months) but I am public so I don’t know. 

How are you today? 

Familiar with “how long till the wheels fall off”, and try to keep it pushed to the back of my mind .... being in art studies is helping with that.  Once we got past the first five years I realised it could be a long time yet, or not at all, despite being seriously not-good below the surface ......  I realised I couldn’t spend the rest of my life in hyper-vigilance once the worst of the behaviours settled and the daily regimen eased off, at least for us.  There was still life and joy to be found, just more on my own than I had been before.

Also familiar with the “press scary button then stick head in sand”.  That was how I got though the first five years ....

Go you @Teej ❣️

The art course has has given me a six-months-at-a-time view ahead, and we are nearly at another six-month mark ...... go me ❣️

I'm liking this rejuvenated @Teej. It's lovely to see you faring better. I've been so terribly frightened at times that I might not hear from you the next day. You're so full of compassion, empathy & kindness with a lovely dash of humour that you've come to mean a lot to me in a short time. I know you'll still have sadness & possibly despair, but hopefully not to the same extent as before.

You do have some big stuff coming up @Teej, but it's better to be heading in to it stable than not maybe. I really hope you have some time before you have to face the c-link stuff 😐

I'm travelling OK tonight thanks. The sick ones are sleeping and I'm trying to forget about the other stuff that was getting at me today. I did what I needed to around the house and can have an early night hopefully.

Thanks @Sans911 ❤ It's tiring sometimes and gets me down, but I think I know deep inside it is better to be on my own that with a very wrong for us person.

I hope today has been kind to you.

You're doing great- I am sorry I am struggling to put words on paper. Listen to your body and just take one thing at a time. What type of surgery are you having?

My friend is having surgery soon, and is flying down from NTH Qld to meet surgeon soon and will most likely have surgery next month. After surgery I will be taking care of them until they get clearance to fly.

I'm a bit better today but still struggling @Teej 

Absolutely go you @Faith-and-Hope . 💜🤗😘 👩‍🎨 

thank you @Sans911 , I got a little teary reading that. You know I’ve been the same with you and still worry. I think that worry accumulates when you’ve been on the other side and know how easy it is to go too far. I know you will get there. I never thought I’d be here writing a post to say I think I’m ok. In the last fortnight I’ve only had suicide ideation twice and pretty fleetingly at that. I’ve not had that break from it for a very long time. I really hope you experience a decrease in it too. 

@CheerBear  I’m glad yours are sleeping their yucks away. You have done well to do what you need to get through. They are life’s big achievements I think. 

@oceangirl I need a benign cyst removed from my ovary (I’ll lose the ovary too) and a breast reduction. I hope you feel a bit better soon. 

My SI is down a lot too @Teej. I know I've even scared my psychologist as she's the only one that knows how far I push my limits. Recent addition of mood stabilisers are helping I think. It's been a long time to get the medication balance right.

That’s freaking awesome @Sans911 that your si is down. I hope the meds continue to help. In August it will be 6 years of attempts and si and sh and being a dysfunctional mess. I hope you don’t go anywhere near that long. Maybe it’s both our time to breathe a bit easier. So proud of you too and ever so happy that you are still with us. 💜🤗

Me too ❣️

@Sans911 @Teej @CheerBear 

Hi @oceangirl 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance