Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Gimmie your best reasons not to suicide......

Aaannnddd GO:

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Gimmie your best reasons not to suicide......

My hero is Cornell Sanders of Kentuky Fried Chicken fame.

He didn't start his success until after he reached retirement when he was aged 62 years old.

He would travel around the US in his car, sleeping in his car while doing so, trying to sell his recipe for chicken. Most of the time he was rejected but after a lot of time and effort he finally made a success.

My question is, what do you want to do with our lives?

Or another good one like the Clean Up Australia Day movement, which is now a World wide movement which has over 35 million participants.

So @Former-Member , is there anything you want to do with your life? Make a movie? or write a song, even a stupid song like 'I want to hold your hand' that made the Beatles millions of dollars.

Why not suicide? @Former-Member

Because who knows what tommorow might bring? There is still great beauty in the harshness of life. The perfect gathering of rose petals fitting into each other. Their delightful, heady scent. The call of a bird, the love of a pet.

A child's laughter, unfettered by conscience and consciousness. It's pure joy, discovery and delight.

The azure blue of the ocean, translucent and deep. Crystal white sands that slip away through our fingers.

The rewards of encouraging and supporting others here in the forums and in real life. The sitting in silence but together in pain so one feels less alone. Empowering others to fight on, to find hope when it seems all is lost and gone, finding reasons to live no matter how small and seemingly insignificant.

@Former-Member  my fear is that I could mess it up and end up severely disabled. However If I had a life threatening illness which would make you die in a really painful way I would use the euthenasia laws in victoria. 

My kids, they are my everything @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance